PDA

View Full Version : Which way to go?

Ben42
04-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Iíve been playing with the PK5g for the past couple of years and Iím thinking of changing racquets.

Although I post here only occasionally I lurk here a lot and I read all the posts about players sticks and how every should use a players stick, it will force you to be a better player, etcÖ.

But for someone like me, who used to be a fairly decent player but who can now only play once a week because thatís all the time I have these days for tennis, Iím not so sure that a playerís stick is what I should be using anymore.

If I am aggressive with my 5gs, then I can hit good shots. But because I have to hit so aggressively I make too many unforced errors.

If I try to hit within myself and be more consistent, Iím actually worse with the 5g. I donít get the topspin I need to bring the ball in, I miss directionally, I hit short sitters.

I think if I drop down to a players end tweener, like a Classic V1 or an O3 Red that it will suit me better because it will be more forgiving if I tune down my strokes to hit ĺ of the pace I usually hit.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Kirko
04-23-2005, 07:01 PM
nobody can be "forced" to be better and a what is loosely called a "players" racket is superbull*******t. I would demo a handful of rackets eg. wilson pro staff , prince graphite 90 and 107 models . It will take awhile, but you will eventually find what you are looking for , upshot you need a new frame; your "stalled" .

fedex27
04-23-2005, 07:04 PM
honestly as long as you dont jump from 100s sq ins head size to low 90's it will help you. i dont really thing that you will have be better to hit those. it will prob get more pop and control due to the thin beam and the weight. its more a "thinkers" racquet than anything.