PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaaack

MegacedU
04-23-2005, 04:49 PM
So for the last week, I've been basking in the glow of the incredibly warm Mexican sun. In my resort in the Mayan Riviera, the tennis courts were the most beautiful I've ever seen. They were surrounded by palm trees and hibiscus flowers. It was so close to the beach that, on one occasion, I even played in a bathing suit and skirt. After beating my dad 6-1 (it was too hot for a second) I dove into that crystal clear water. Sigh - now here I am in NY, it's raining and they're predicting snow.

Where were some of the most beautiful courts you guys have ever played on?

Btw - I'm aware this should probably be in the Travel section, but you'll get over it.

Capt. Willie
04-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Welcome back. Did you take pictures?

MegacedU
04-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Sigh, indeed - I'm contemplating whether or not to post them. It was my original intention but the only one of the courts with me not in it is blurry and you can only see the baseline. I'm not sure whether or not I want to post myself yet.

But thanks for the welcome back. It's nice to be speaking English again and brushing my teeth with tap water again. :)

Andy Hewitt
04-23-2005, 05:41 PM
YES! Finally!

scez
04-23-2005, 05:57 PM
In december I was at a resort in Mayan Riviera, it was the biggest resort I have ever seen. It is really new so it isnt fully built. But it had a 18 hole par 3 golf course it in, but the two tennis courts they have are on top of the sewage system with fake grass and sand. I was very upset, plz make me be jealous and post those pics :D

MegacedU
04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I know the resort yo'u're speaking of. Mexico smells bad in general though - so don't be too upset. We'll see about the pictures - sry for being a tease but I dont think I'll look good on a milk carton.

scez
04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
no, but you will look good in my bed. jk, I had to say that. Hopefully the resort is going to make better courts later, I know that alot of things were temporary. Were there a ton of rocks in the ocean at your resort? At my place I couldnt go into the ocean because there were a ton of rocks, but there =was a humongous pool.

MegacedU
04-23-2005, 07:11 PM
It's okay, you're not the first to say that and wont be the last. Luckily for you, I have a sense of humor. :) There weren't any rocks. There was a pier though, that apparently cruise ships used to dock at. The ocean water was warmer than the pool water and the employees at the resort were constantly raking up the seaweed. It was gorgeous.

tykrum
04-23-2005, 07:19 PM
After the treatment the last cute girl got that posted her picture, I wouldn't if I were you. It reminded me of the nude beach scene in Euro Trip.

By the way, I think I speak for many when I say I hate you for bragging about your trip...but I will brag myself because I think that's what I am doing for spring break next year with my roommate's time share. And the most 'beautiful' courts I've ever played on would be ones overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth on top of the 400 ft bluff. Nothing too great, but it was a good view.

MegacedU
04-23-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm not bragging, I'm sharing :)

--I'm not worried about treatment, I'm worried about driving in my car someday and having some horrible internet rodant racognize me and try to do something awful : Like key my car //kidding.--

FREDDY
04-23-2005, 08:25 PM
lol. Pacific Palisades was pretty nice. its on a hill with a perfect view of the beach.

Capt. Willie
04-23-2005, 09:12 PM
If you ever do, God forbid, end up on a milk carton I'm sure it won't be at the hands of anyone on this board. The most personal info we have on you is that your name is "Meg" (short for Megan?) and you probably live in the Albany area. That really isn't much to go on if someone wanted to stalk you. Far more likely it would be someone in your neighborhood who sees you on a regular bases. Okay, now that I've made you afraid to leave your house, you have plenty of time to download the pics. :) And I think I speak for all the guys here when I make a special request for one of you playing tennis in the bikini. ;)

Deuce
04-24-2005, 01:29 AM
If you ever do, God forbid, end up on a milk carton I'm sure it won't be at the hands of anyone on this board. The most personal info we have on you is that your name is "Meg" (short for Megan?) and you probably live in the Albany area. That really isn't much to go on if someone wanted to stalk you. Far more likely it would be someone in your neighborhood who sees you on a regular bases. Okay, now that I've made you afraid to leave your house, you have plenty of time to download the pics. :) And I think I speak for all the guys here when I make a special request for one of you playing tennis in the bikini. ;)

No, Willie, you don't speak for all the guys here - only the sad souls who get excited by teasing adolescent girls about their bathing suit photos.

Get a wife.

K!ck5w3rvE
04-24-2005, 02:45 AM
After the treatment the last cute girl got that posted her picture, I wouldn't if I were you.

Who was that.....that Carlie chick?

Coda
04-24-2005, 03:30 AM
played on hardcourts on the edge of waikiki, that was awesome

scez
04-24-2005, 04:26 AM
He talks for me.

tykrum
04-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Who was that.....that Carlie chick?

Yeah, a few people, I don't remember who, oogled over her so much and had so many posts saying how hot she was compared to Dasha, Sharapova etc., that they ran her right off the boards in two weeks.

Capt. Willie
04-24-2005, 08:05 PM
No, Willie, you don't speak for all the guys here - only the sad souls who get excited by teasing adolescent girls about their bathing suit photos.

Get a wife. I was joking with her and I'm quite sure she and everyone else understood that. If she was to download a picture of herself I would look at it, as I've looked at many others who have posted pics...male, female, young and old. But to say I'm getting excited by teasing an adolescent girl, I really take offense to that.

POGO
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Great to here you vacation...would you post some pics of your vacation?

Deuce
04-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Don't take offence to what I pointed out, Willie - I simply stated what you were doing - enjoying teasing an adolescent girl about her 'bikini photos'. (She never mentioned 'bikini', by the way - she said 'bathing suit' - which you rather curiously transformed into 'bikini'). Apart from overly imaginitive excitement, what could possibly be your motivation?

If you're going to take offence to anything, take offence to yourself.

scez
04-25-2005, 04:48 AM
Didnt that carlie girl just make a topic for getting her bro a racquet for her birthday?

POGO
04-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Didnt that carlie girl just make a topic for getting her bro a racquet for her birthday?
you mean for his bday. she hasn't posted anything since.

matchpoints
04-25-2005, 06:42 AM
This thread is useless without pics.

POGO
04-25-2005, 06:47 AM
This thread is useless without pics.
Yes, a vacation thread should have pics. You don't have to post pic of yourself, but pics of the places you have been. I've always wanted to go to Mexico in the summer, specially Cabo. :)

MegacedU
04-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm in all of the pics of the places I been. To me, people I go with are more important than the places themselves. It's not useless. I'm an easy going person - I just wanted to know where you all have played. Like I said, I'm contemplating the pictures.

6-0 6-0
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Maui has some great courts. I played one time on a court in Vail, Colorado that was on the side of the resort. You could see the snow capped mountains and all the other scenery. I also noticed the altitude change on the way the ball hit. Interesting to say the least.
As far as MegAcedU posting pics...crop yourself out if you don't want to be in the picture. I would like to see the court setup.

matchpoints
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm in all of the pics of the places I been. To me, people I go with are more important than the places themselves. It's not useless. I'm an easy going person - I just wanted to know where you all have played. Like I said, I'm contemplating the pictures.

It only takes a few minutes to edit pictures and take yourself or your friends out. Fastest way to do it is by using the blur tool. Get gimp (http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html) it's free and similar to photoshop.

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
The Princeville Tennis Club on Kauai is very cool, with the waterfalls on the tropical mountains in the background. Can't see the mtn's in this pic, but post anyway.

http://www.coolspaces.net/new-photos/tennis.jpg

There are very beautiful courts that are right on Lake Tahoe with snow capped mountains in the backgrounds, once again altitude is a factor.

http://www.tahoerealestategroup.com/listingpics/210Observ%20Tennis.jpg
http://www.tahoetownhome.com/otherimages/P1010089.jpg

Speaking of altitude, there are amazing courts at High Camp at Squaw Valley.

The shorecliff club in Shell Beach (Pismo) is very cool, surrounded by ocean and european red clay.

AAAA
04-25-2005, 01:16 PM

For ALL your photos just blank out your images using something like Photoshop/PaintShopPro, prior to posting, to protect yourself.

federer_nadal
04-27-2005, 04:06 AM
What kind of things did these guys say aout the girl? From what is being said here people wont tease you.

tykrum
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
What kind of things did these guys say aout the girl? From what is being said here people wont tease you.

They didn't tease the other girl, people just went crazy over how good looking she was. Meg has on her picture here, just like kournikova with a better serve, so I would expect a similar reaction. All the other girl had was just a little face pic too, definitely nothing like a bathing suit picture.

fedex27
04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
They didn't tease the other girl, people just went crazy over how good looking she was. Meg has on her picture here, just like kournikova with a better serve, so I would expect a similar reaction. All the other girl had was just a little face pic too, definitely nothing like a bathing suit picture.
are you some kind of prude? if she wonts to show us, let her, i wont say anything

MegacedU
04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
LOL, that's hilarious. Never stop amusing me. It's not really even that big of an issue, it just all comes back to the fact that I'm lazy and don't feel like editing and uploading that. Since, usually when I'm on the computer, I have SOMETHING to do... AP American HW... etc etc - I just always wind up here. Funny how that works. I'll see what I can do.

POGO
04-27-2005, 12:27 PM
LOL, that's hilarious. Never stop amusing me. It's not really even that big of an issue, it just all comes back to the fact that I'm lazy and don't feel like editing and uploading that. Since, usually when I'm on the computer, I have SOMETHING to do... AP American HW... etc etc - I just always wind up here. Funny how that works. I'll see what I can do.
If you like, you can send your pics via email to Neolle, the other female member here. She has uploaded and edited pics for fellow female memebers and posted them here.

Noelle
04-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Actually, I didn't do any uploading and editing. It was another member (I think he was male, though) bc-05 who did the uploading.

That said, I'd be willing to do the aforementioned Photoshop Blur tool and host Meg's pictures on my space on Photobucket. Of course, if she really doesn't want to put up the pictures anyway, there's no pressure. :)

scez
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Just dont edit them :D

MegacedU
04-27-2005, 05:54 PM
LOL - maybe it will be like cops where they blur the faces.

Noelle
04-27-2005, 06:30 PM
No, actually, it'll look a little bit like this:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v602/noelledeg/blanketyblank.gif

AndrewD
04-29-2005, 03:42 AM
In my resort in the Mayan Riviera, the tennis courts were the most beautiful I've ever seen. They were surrounded by palm trees and hibiscus flowers.

Where were some of the most beautiful courts you guys have ever played on?

Why don't you just post pics of the tennis courts and surrounds. Preserve your anonymity and show people a fantastic holiday spot they might like to visit.

As to your question about beautiful courts we've played on, there was one on one of the smaller Fijian islands, a private grass court built into the side of a cliff. You entered through a natural rock archway and the courts were enclosed by a zero glare perspex of some type that let you see out to the ocean. While playing you could watch the weather roll in and the sun set or look down and see the waves crashing against the rocks. Totally amazing experience.

Also been lucky enough to play in some beautiful places ranging from Gstaad, Switzerland at the Palace Hotel to the most perfect looking grass courts in Kent,England that made you feel as though you'd gone back in time 100 years.

Probably the most unusual but beautiful place Ive played tennis was on a full-size, perfectly lit but UNDERGROUND tennis court in Coober Pedy. Totally eerie as it is so quite but just a uniquely surreal experience. Obviously you dont have a lot of room for lobs LOL but otherwise it was just like playing at an indoor court. Also, because the temperature is a constant 22 degrees celsius (roughly 70 farenheit I think) and there's no wind you've got ideal conditions. What made the experience so much more bizarre was knowing that, in all probability, there was a fortune in opals still undiscovered within the walls (Coober Pedy is, after all, an opal mining town - not much good for anything else).

federer_nadal
04-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Sounds awesome Andrew, the one built into the cave sounds great

AndrewD
04-30-2005, 03:17 AM
federer_nadal,

it was a private home in central Australia. Im sure you've seen the houses that are built underground to escape the heat. So, not actually a cave (no echo at all) but a very surreal experience.

federer_nadal
04-30-2005, 04:01 AM
i meant about the fijian ones, but the ones in ceduna would be great, we live by the sea so there is always so much wind.

MegacedU
04-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I've heard Fiji in general is amazing.

scez
05-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Instead of saying you wont post the pics, you let the topic die. But it seems that I am one step ahead of you :twisted:

MegacedU
05-03-2005, 03:46 PM
It seems that I have a college board AP American History test Friday, I'm swamped thus I shall go study more now. :)

Power Game
05-03-2005, 03:50 PM
It seems that I have a college board AP American History test Friday, I'm swamped thus I shall go study more now. :)

Best of luck, i hated that exam.

Muse
05-03-2005, 04:35 PM

Ugh, i took that last year.. what a pain. Iv'e got the AP European History test this friday, hopefully it'll be better than the american one.

MegacedU
05-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Thank you, it will be a pain in the neck but i'll be glad to get it over with.

Muse good luck with AP Euro. I feel your pain.

Power Game
05-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Ugh, i took that last year.. what a pain. Iv'e got the AP European History test this friday, hopefully it'll be better than the american one.

I thought the euro one was much easier than the american one... good luck

MegacedU
05-03-2005, 05:03 PM
A lot of people say the Euro one is a lot easier than the American. But I'm sure there's not much difference, probably just experience. Hope you're not going as insane as I am.

scez
05-03-2005, 05:14 PM
nice excuse, I give it a 8.5/10, but a 4/10 for creativity. Still better then my bonzo buddy ate the pictures.

MegacedU
05-03-2005, 05:25 PM
The pictures are already online....someplace. You'll be disappointed, it's more of ME than it is of the actual court but you can see some of the surroundings. I'll get someone to make it small for me and post it so y'all can squint and try to see more than is really there. That is, granted you stop being an ***.

scez
05-04-2005, 03:26 AM
lol, sorry to offend you. I was just kidding around.

AndrewD
05-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Meg,
Fiji is beautiful and the people there are just lovely. Even through all of the difficulties they've had they're still fantastic to be around. Although I do have to put in a good word for Vanuatu, another gorgeous place to visit. Not sure what the tennis is like but with scenery like they've got you'd cope lol.

scez
05-04-2005, 09:25 AM
It seems pretty funny to travel to exotic places for tennis courts, they never really change. But there are huge differences between golf courses in different countries. I warn you not to play golf in mexico, an inguana<sp?> stole my ball once.

fedex27
05-04-2005, 09:36 AM
and then you can post them later

MegacedU
05-04-2005, 12:52 PM
It seems pretty funny to travel to exotic places for tennis courts, they never really change. But there are huge differences between golf courses in different countries. I warn you not to play golf in mexico, an inguana<sp?> stole my ball once.
I know that's where I just got back from! The iguanas were SO WEIRD. That and there were tons of very large crabs. But don't worry about offending me, you haven't, me calling you an *** is a term of endearment. :)

scez
05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
endearment ... I am going to have to look that one up in the dictionary. I guess the iguanas were teaching me a lesson by stealing my ball when I hit my drive into the bushes 2 meters to my right :p

MegacedU
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
They use metrics in Canada? I never knew that. I guess I don't really view Canada as foreign eh?

takeuchi
05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
lol yes we use the metric system. I think most people here are familiar with both because of the strong US influence.

Now that you mention it, who uses imperial other than US?

Noelle
05-04-2005, 04:58 PM
We people in the Philippines use "feet" for short distances and "kilometers" for long distances. Our liquids come in both liters and gallons. And everyone weighs in on a pound scale. :D I believe it's the result of a failed conversion to metric. After having been annexed by the US from 1898 to 1946 (Japanese WW2 occupation notwithstanding), the imperial scale is hard to throw out. :)

scez
05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
I use yards for golf, but since the ball was so close I used meters. I am not sure what units are metric, but I am pretty sure we use a different system then America.