PDA

View Full Version : My Tennis Coach Is Considering Coaching

Roy125
01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
My tennis coach that has been teaching for 25 years and is thinking of quitting the game itself. It's because some people are wanting to charge him for using the courts in a public park and want to impose stricter rules to his coaching methods. Anyways, it's really sad, I really thought he would be coaching for another 25 years.

lilxjohnyy
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
im really suprised your tennis coach is considering to coach!!!! didnt he not show up to one of your lesson? maybe he should consider "coaching"

aphex
01-06-2010, 11:45 PM
that's funny...my tennis quitter is considering coaching as well...

skyzoo
01-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah looks like he's still got another 25 years left in him

Dave M
01-07-2010, 02:11 AM
My tennis coach that has been teaching for 25 years and is thinking of quitting the game itself. It's because some people are wanting to charge him for using the courts in a public park and want to impose stricter rules to his coaching methods. Anyways, it's really sad, I really thought he would be coaching for another 25 years.

He gets to teach for money on public court that he doesn't have to pay for?Lucky as that normally cuts into a coaches profit!

sureshs
01-07-2010, 04:35 AM
He might be considering quitting. Or he might be considering poaching in doubles.

sureshs
01-07-2010, 04:39 AM

Is he the kind of pro who hogs public courts for free while those not his students can't find a court? Sorry, then he better leave.

My semi-public facility has a big problem, with 4 pros cornering about 40% of all available slots during prime time every week day. Members resent it a lot. Frankly, most of us will not pay for lessons, we just want to play.

Joeyg
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
In Fremont, where I live and teach, it is illegal to run a private enterprise on public property. I would imagine that his is true in most cities.

Fearsome Forehand
01-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I Fremont where I live and teach, it is illegal to run a private enterprise on public property. I would imagine that his is true in most cities.

That is the policy in most, if not all, cities. Otherwise, you end up with "teaching pros" hogging courts for hours on end. They know they aren't supposed to do that, but they don't care.

Most legit teaching pros have access to a club, semi-private or private courts of some sort.

It is okay to teach occasionally on unused public courts when no one is waiting; it is not okay to keep people waiting for hours while you monopolize a public court. Most cities have one hour limits and no lessons for pay rules. The OP's coach should quit that practice.

raiden031
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
God has answered the prayers of many players in one public park who are sick of court-hogs. :)

sureshs
01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
that's funny...my tennis quitter is considering coaching as well...

10000 LOLs

Roy125
01-07-2010, 02:56 PM
im really suprised your tennis coach is considering to coach!!!! didnt he not show up to one of your lesson? maybe he should consider "coaching"

He's not considering coaching, he's considering quitting after 25 years. Whoa 25 years and he forgot something. He should definitely quit the sport! I shall end my sarcasm here.