PDA

View Full Version : skiing on a broken toe

jimstorm
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I broke my big toe the last saturday weight lifting, and was supposed to ski this friday. any thoughts on whether its a good idea to try skiing or not? it will have been 6 days since the break, and doesnt hurt too bad anymore, but my mom is still saying i can''t go! i need to convince her otherwise.

GPG
01-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I understand your position, but your mom is right. Six days is too early to go and practice such a high risk sports (in terms of injuries) as skiing. Sadly, you'll have to rest some more till your bone is better. Did you go to the doctor already? he'll say the same as your mom

ET Brit
01-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I broke my big toe the last saturday weight lifting, and was supposed to ski this friday. any thoughts on whether its a good idea to try skiing or not? it will have been 6 days since the break, and doesnt hurt too bad anymore, but my mom is still saying i can''t go! i need to convince her otherwise.

Hi jimstorm

I think you are lucky to have a wise mother. Unless you have a professional medical opinion saying 'go ahead' I would follow mom's advice. You will have many opportunities to ski but big toes are limited to two per person. ;)

Cheers - Ann

mike53
01-07-2010, 12:44 PM

How do you know it's broken? If you have seen the break for yourself on an x-ray then you're out for at least 3 weeks. Skiing is the last thing you want to be doing with a broken toe. If the toe problem causes an serious accident, you could actually get yourself killed which is pretty hard to do in a gym or a tennis court.

FloridaAG
01-07-2010, 12:50 PM
It would be very painful and difficult to ski with a broken big toe - Probably wise to avoid -

jimstorm
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
How do you know it's broken? If you have seen the break for yourself on an x-ray then you're out for at least 3 weeks. Skiing is the last thing you want to be doing with a broken toe. If the toe problem causes an serious accident, you could actually get yourself killed which is pretty hard to do in a gym or a tennis court.

yah, i went to the doctor, and he showed me the x-ray, 2 clean breaks, i guess you're all right, i'll wait it out a couple more weeks and try again. thanks though