PDA

View Full Version : Lead tape on the diablo

Nikeman0092
04-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I currently play with the Tour Diablo Midplus. I used to hit very hard but a lot of my balls would go long so I switched to this racquet along with a pro hurricane/stamina hybrid. But now I have to swing very hard to reach the power I used to have. I'd much rather swing a little bit softer so can I add lead tape to give me more power?

motownFILy
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
absolutely. i play with the Diablo MP, Luxilon ALU-Power Rough 63 lbs mains x Gosen Polylon Comfort 60 lbs. i thought it was a little too whippy through the swing so i added 1.5 grams total (split between the 3 and 9 o'clock) and it was enough for me. i actually started out much higher with 5 grams total and worked my way down til i got to an equal balance of comfort and stability. 1.5 grams sounds nearly insignificant, but it's a day and night difference for me. good luck.

btw, i just used the generic 1/4 in lead tape sold through tennis warehouse.

shacked
04-24-2005, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=motownFILy]absolutely. i play with the Diablo MP, Luxilon ALU-Power Rough 63 lbs mains x Gosen Polylon Comfort 60 lbs. i thought it was a little too whippy through the swing so i added 1.5 grams total (split between the 3 and 9 o'clock) and it was enough for me. i actually started out much higher with 5 grams total and worked my way down til i got to an equal balance of comfort and stability. 1.5 grams sounds nearly insignificant, but it's a day and night difference for me. good luck.

btw, i just used the generic 1/4 in lead tape sold through tennis warehouse.[/QUOTE

KFwinds
04-24-2005, 01:26 PM
yep, lead makes a HUGE difference with this stick.

I just started experimenting with the Diablo MP myself, after playing with the LM Prestige MP and Dunlop HM200g over this last season. At first it swung way too light, so I ended up adding approximately 2.75 grams of lead at 3 and 9 o'clock for a total of almost 5 1/2 grams. The racquet is still very maneuverable, but is much more stable with some very nice pop. Feels similar to the LM Prestige MP, but with a little more "plow through" factor... I'm kind of enjoying the "monster" I've created with this thing. The best part is, I had no prior expectations about the Diablo; just decided to experiment and found a really nice combo.

KFwinds
04-24-2005, 01:35 PM
By the way, if anyone has any suggestions on strings for the Diablo MP, I'd like to hear them. I've got mine strung with TF E-Matrix 17g @ 60 lbs. I feel as if the tension is OK, but I don't feel as if I get enough "bite" on the ball with E-Matrix. Not sure if I want to go poly or not since the Diablo MP is already a bit low-powered (even with the lead).