PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup: V.Williams vs Callens SPOILER

joeman957
04-23-2005, 08:26 PM
So I was flipping through the channels and I saw that tennis was on and thought 'oh cool'. It was Venus Williams vs the Belgium Callens, and it was a pretty bad match. Venus beat her down 2 and 2 I think, but from the way they played it looked like they both lost. It was like high school tennis, double faults, poor returns, rallies that aren't more than 3 shots long, and bad misses. Anyone see it?

Andy Zarzuela
04-23-2005, 09:20 PM
So I was flipping through the channels and I saw that tennis was on and thought 'oh cool'. It was Venus Williams vs the Belgium Callens, and it was a pretty bad match. Venus beat her down 2 and 2 I think, but from the way they played it looked like they both lost. It was like high school tennis, double faults, poor returns, rallies that aren't more than 3 shots long, and bad misses. Anyone see it?

I did. Callens is a tough player. She mixes it up really well. Remember when she took Serena all the way in 2002 and made her win it like 7-6,7-6? The wind was quite a factor, but from what I heard Mary Jo say, Venus was hitting some of her hardest serves 125+mph.

edberg505
04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh my goodness that was one of the worst matches I have ever seen! And that Callens lady is ranked 175 in the world? Man, SHE SUCKS!!!

Objective Danny
04-24-2005, 12:50 AM
I saw the match 'sic'. It was terrible! There were zero sustained rallys. Venus would hit a winner and hit the next ball 2 meters long.

In fairness to Callens I heard she was playing hurt. Kudos to her for showing up and representing her country.