PDA

View Full Version : jasper AL

luckyguy
01-08-2010, 05:33 AM
anybody near this area?

topsltennis
01-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I was born in Alabama but grew up and still live here in the FL panhandle.( we are about 50 miles or so from the Alabama line) I've heard of Jasper but can't remember where it is. There's some good tennis in Alabama in the metro areas- Mobile, Bham, Huntsville, etc. - but probably not alot in a smaller town like I'm assuming Jasper must be.

CanadianChic
01-08-2010, 09:22 PM
anybody near this area?

Not at present but I used to live there and have family living in the town. There are three outdoor courts located at the Jasper Activity Center. You must have a membership to use the facilities and courts - I'm not sure what the cost is now. You can use their racquets and balls and they prefer if you book in advance. There is no tennis this time of year and none of the hotels (to my knowledge) have courts available. Does this cover what you wanted to know?

luckyguy
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
thanks guys...

ALten1
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Madison County, AL here.

CanadianChic
01-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Sorry, I had read the name and ignored the state abbreviation. I thought you were referencing Jasper Alberta.

Z-Man
01-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Sorry, I had read the name and ignored the state abbreviation. I thought you were referencing Jasper Alberta.

That's really funny. I was stunned to hear you had southern roots. It makes more sense now!

Ripper014
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM

I thought the same thing when I saw it, even the AL made me think Alberta until I realized that it should be AB.