PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Turnpike and Andre Agassi

hummer23
04-23-2005, 08:34 PM
For all of those living in the tri-state area, have you ever driven on the turnpike, southbound, around exit 9? on the north bound side, there is a large billboard, low to the ground sort of planted next to a large push, of andre agassi. its a cannon rebel ad, but its been up for about 3 years now. its the only tennis billboard ive seen, and everytime i drvie by, i always glance over there. its really a great thing. anybody else happen to see it?

BreakPoint
04-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey, I used to live right off of Exit 9 , grew up there, in fact. Thank goodness I don't live there anymore! Haven't been back for a few years, so haven't seen the billboard.

matchpoints
04-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the info. Now I know what to get my friend for the empty space on his living room wall for his Bday ;)

hummer23
04-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Hey, I used to live right off of Exit 9 , grew up there, in fact. Thank goodness I don't live there anymore! Haven't been back for a few years, so haven't seen the billboard.

why may i ask, dont you like Jeresy? i live in NJ andim proud of it!

BreakPoint
04-24-2005, 06:41 PM
why may i ask, dont you like Jeresy? i live in NJ andim proud of it!

Nothing against NJ. But now I live in CA and there's no comparison! The weather here is sooooo much better, perfect in fact. I can play tennis outdoors 12 months a year! No humidity, no thunderstorms, no snow, no sleet, no hurricanes, no mosquitos, few bugs of any kind. It really is a tennis player's paradise! :D

BTW, also no longer have to hold my breath driving past Exits 13-14 on the NJ Turnpike, if you know what I mean. ;)

hummer23
04-24-2005, 06:55 PM
haha, point taken. they dont call us the oil and pterochemical refinary state for nothin'. Elizabeth is definantly the pits. ive been to california a few tiems, and it is very nice, but ididnt see too many courts in LA, although i wasnt really looking for them. Do you play at public park courts, or in clubs mostly?

BreakPoint
04-24-2005, 07:05 PM
When I lived in SF I played at a private club, but now I play at public park courts, which are everywhere. Most even have free lights. The weather is warm enough that you can play at night even in the winter, in shorts! Try that in NJ!

hummer23
04-24-2005, 07:09 PM
this year our winter wasnt cold for a logn time, i played outdoors on january 16 in shorts and a tee after my warmup. its definantly not tropical, but tollerable for sure. Although San Fran is great . . . gotta love fishermans warf.