PDA

View Full Version : prince shark midplus vs volkl tour 8 vengine

sarmpas
04-24-2005, 02:00 AM
I am looking for a powerful light racket with good control and spin so how is the prince shark vs. the tour 8 vengine? I play a heavy topspin fh and bh game and volleys when chances are there. Which racket is best for power and control and spin? A players racket is too heavy for me but I want a heavy ball so is prince shark difficult to swing for a tweener, TW give swingweight of 327! 327 is like 13oz racket!!!! Any advices most welcome.

Steve H.
04-24-2005, 04:56 AM
Don't confuse swingweight with static weight, there are frames under 10 ounces with swingweights in the 330s or higher.

327 is on the high side for a tweener but not excessive -- the Tour 8 VE would feel lighter, and there are other 11-ounce frames (original Tour 8, RDX300, Surge, etc) that swing lighter still. It's up to your own taste -- in general a lower swingweight frame will be easier to swing fast, but won't deliver as much power when it collides with the ball.

Leon
04-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Shark is extremely easy to swing, I actually used to over swing it = shoulder problem.
It's very forgiving racquet, very spin friendly. It would be hard to play against heavy hitters, return heavy balls, since the luck of weight. It's pretty powerfully, you can play around with the string to achieve the power you are looking for.
Overall highly recommended tweener, but be aware it's light.