PDA

View Full Version : Queens college ny looking for strong w tennis player

jgravagna
01-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi guys,

I am the asst. w tennis coach at NCAA DII queens college in nyc. We are ranked 26 Nationally and 1 in the east. We are looking for a strong senior for this years fall class. Feel free to contact me at jgravagna@yahoo.com Also several other schools in the ny/nj/ct area need players m/w fell free to ask me a questions I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Joseph Gravagna
Asst. W tennis Coach
queens college

J011yroger
01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I will keep my ear to the ground. Would love to meet up one day. I was friendly with a girl who played for you a couple of years ago.

J

jgravagna
01-10-2010, 01:30 PM
thanks we have a strong team but are trying to get better

skyzoo
01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
hmm college advertising via tt. I like your enthusiasm.

blue12
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
You know of any assitant coaching job openings? Or tennis teaching jobs?

jgravagna
01-10-2010, 04:37 PM
no but check ncaa.org for any coach openings

blue12
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
no but check ncaa.org for any coach openings

Figured you'd say that. Thanks though.

stanfordtennis alum
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi guys,

I am the asst. w tennis coach at NCAA DII queens college in nyc. We are ranked 26 Nationally and 1 in the east. We are looking for a strong senior for this years fall class. Feel free to contact me at jgravagna@yahoo.com Also several other schools in the ny/nj/ct area need players m/w fell free to ask me a questions I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Joseph Gravagna
Asst. W tennis Coach
queens college

i have mentioned this opening to one of my students who is looking to play collegiate tennis in NY/NJ area.. I have forwarded your contact info to her.. Good Luck this year and say hi to Patryk from your men's team!

jgravagna
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks coach what is your name. He is a very strong player on the mens team

jgravagna
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Stanford what level is your player

papatenis
01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Coach, do you have the budget to recruit at national tournaments?

I don't think I've ever seen you at any super nat'l or nat'l tournaments.

Hey, Moe!
01-12-2010, 08:14 PM
If you are looking for someone to help you improve quickly, then you should have already gotten plenty of e-mails from players looking to provide that service.

Hopefully, you will be fluent in their language ; )

jgravagna
01-13-2010, 05:33 PM
No I don't have budget to travel outside of the east. However, I do attend the albany National as well as ne, eastern and middle states sectonals. I also don't have full rides for the international players but we have a very strong team. I am looking for a 3 star or better American Player.

stanfordtennis alum
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Stanford what level is your player

She is a 4 star recruit, about 125 in the nation

stanfordtennis alum
01-14-2010, 03:19 PM
No I don't have budget to travel outside of the east. However, I do attend the albany National as well as ne, eastern and middle states sectonals. I also don't have full rides for the international players but we have a very strong team. I am looking for a 3 star or better American Player.

have you considered sending out postcards or flyers to all juniors who reside in the east coast or even the mid west??

jgravagna
01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Yes However, I like to use contacts or recommendations from other coaches. we are very interested in your player. What colleges is she looking at? What does she want to study? How are her grades. If her grades are solid I could give her academic money plus tennis money. qc tuition is 12000 plus 6000 for the dorms. I could possibly put together a very strong offer.

azbabolat
02-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Give me two more years of highschool and I would do anything to play for Queens. New York is my dream state for school.

jgravagna
02-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Good Luck in HS reach out to us after your junior year.

subban
04-06-2010, 08:20 AM
I am a 3.5-4.0 player and live in forest hills queens. Do you think that level can walk onto your mens team? I am assuming with the talk of junior ranking your team is about a 5.0-6 ntrp rating but just wanted to know do you take my level players to play doubles?

CTennis11
04-10-2010, 05:55 AM
I am a 3.5-4.0 player and live in forest hills queens. Do you think that level can walk onto your mens team? I am assuming with the talk of junior ranking your team is about a 5.0-6 ntrp rating but just wanted to know do you take my level players to play doubles?

I don't know about walking on but I've seen Queens play before and they have a very good team that I would guess is a minimum of 4.5 at the bottom of their lineup.

jgravagna
04-11-2010, 05:08 PM
To start on the mens team you should be ranked in the top 20 in the east in the b 18's However, You are more than welcome to try out in the fall. Good Luck Coach Joseph Gravagna asst. w tennis coach

jgravagna
05-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi guys,

Regards,

Joseph Gravagna
Asst. W tennis Coach
queens college