PDA

View Full Version : Agassi observation

crash1929
01-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I saw agassi play on TC yesterday. I've been so focused on the feeling of being loose on my shots lately. but when i watched aggasi he doesn't have that loose look like federer. to me at times he even looked to be muscling the ball. he didn't look loose to me. he did smash the heck out of some shots though. anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Mansewerz
01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I think part of him is trying to stay stable as he takes the ball off the rise. I don't think he's as wristy as Federer nor does he hit with the same spin.

ms87
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM
his arm is loose
his torso and legs are not

xFullCourtTenniSx
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I saw agassi play on TC yesterday. I've been so focused on the feeling of being loose on my shots lately. but when i watched aggasi he doesn't have that loose look like federer. to me at times he even looked to be muscling the ball. he didn't look loose to me. he did smash the heck out of some shots though. anyone else have any thoughts on this?

He's loose. Don't even try arguing it. He has the classical form which is why he looks like he's hitting hard. He has a pretty big elbow bend which creates for a stiffer looking shot. His rotations are also rather moderate, so it doesn't look as modern as someone comparable like Roddick. Agassi is what I'd consider a more compact version of Roddick's forehand. They both are pretty loose and relaxed hitting their forehands.

I think part of him is trying to stay stable as he takes the ball off the rise. I don't think he's as wristy as Federer nor does he hit with the same spin.

Agassi generates spin in the 1700 RPM range (off both wings). Federer's forehand is I believe in the 3200-3700 RPM range. It's definitely above 3000 RPM though. Federer generates double the spin of Agassi, while still hitting it harder... Amazing...

jefferson
01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
If what you were watching was later in his career, he might have been protecting his back. Backs are finicky. In his younger years he was pretty loose and flexible.

01-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I think part of him is trying to stay stable as he takes the ball off the rise.

I think this is the key on this issue.

crash1929
01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
If what you were watching was later in his career, he might have been protecting his back. Backs are finicky. In his younger years he was pretty loose and flexible.

Yes. This was his match agains Ferrierer sp? on seniors tour. strange to see agassi in adidas.

crash1929
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM

i have never thought about this can you elaborate? tks

HunterST
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Agassi generates spin in the 1700 RPM range (off both wings). Federer's forehand is I believe in the 3200-3700 RPM range. It's definitely above 3000 RPM though. Federer generates double the spin of Agassi, while still hitting it harder... Amazing...

How do you know Fed and agassi's RPMs and that Federer hits harder? Not questioning your correctness, I'd just like to see it if it's an article or something.

Netspirit
01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
^
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=250901
http://wings.avkids.com/Tennis/Project/usspin-04.html