PDA

View Full Version : Pain with Dunlop MAX 200G

krp312
04-24-2005, 08:59 AM
I just started playing with a Dunlop Max 200G. I hit against a wall for about 3 hours straight yesterday, and although I don't have it now, I was starting to get pain in that C-shaped area between my index finger and thumb--more towards the butt of the thumb. I noticed that the pain would really start to pound when I was hitting forehand volleys with the continental grip.

What could be causing this? I just put on a new, thinner leather grip. Possibly it's because the grip is a bit undersized? Or maybe I'm going TOO continental on those forehand volleys? Either way, the Dunlop MAX 200G, the forehand volley continental grip, and the thinner replacement grip are ALL sort of new things to me.

tandayu
04-24-2005, 09:04 AM
It happened to me before the first time I switched to old school rackets. Same area when it is pain as yours. On my case, too much wrist play, it is kind of flicking it at impact. I solved the problem by correcting my motion.

It could also caused by the grip too large.

The max 200g grip is more rounded and i feel it very hard aldo on my palm the first time I hit with it. I put thicker grip on my 200g.

johnmcc516
04-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Its a heavy racket. Not for wrist flicking. The first time I played with it, I killed my wrist and quickly solved my problem of using too much wrist on my shots.

ssjkyle31
04-24-2005, 11:29 AM
The pain just shows that you have some very minor flaws in your strokes. Typically, I would say you had pretty good form because pounding on the wall is equivalent to quite a few game sets so long as you vary the angles from where you hit the ball, the wall has been lined out showing the net, and you are moving around. Three straight hours on the wall is a very long time (equivalent maybe to over 5 hrs + of straight court matches) to point of over doing it no wonder you have pain.

krp312
04-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah.. A new racquet and grip and all that--it's all very exciting, as dorky as that sounds. That's why I hit for 3 hours straight.

I'm glad that this problem isn't because of the grip size. I was afraid I'd have to go up a size but I'll just roll with it. Also if this pain is caused by overuse of wrist movement, it makes sense because the pain would really exacerbate when I was hitting forehand volleys.

ilian
04-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Three hours straight hitting on a wall?! Well, doing that with any racquet will cause you pain, no matter how advanced of a player you are.