PDA

View Full Version : Kneissl Club Star Pro

Danstevens
01-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi guys, I'm hoping that one of the many classic racket gurus of these forums can help me out.

I acquired a Kneissl Club Star Pro from a seller on the big auction site at the same time as buying a Slazenger Pro Braided (the frame I was actually looking for). Anyway, I know very little about this racket so it'd be great if someone could fill me in a bit.

The seller suggested that it was 98 square inches and I would say that he was accurate as the head is just a tiny bit larger than the Pro Braided's which is 95 sq. inches. The string pattern is 16x19 and that's about all I know spec-wise about the racket. I'm presuming that it' meant to be an arm-friendly frame as it has some kind of special grommets in the throat area and around the bottom edges of the head. Also, "Air cushion technology" is mentioned at various positions on the frame and on the throat, there are 5 bulges either side (probably something to do with the "Air Cushion tech").

Anyway, that's what I know, can anyone tell me any more about the Club Star Pro? More detailed specs would be nice but I'd really appreciate you telling me anything you know about the racket or experiences you've had with it. I haven't played with it yet due to the snow but if anyone cares, I'll post my opinion of it when I do.

Thanks in advance.

Virginia
01-11-2010, 09:25 AM
All I can tell you is that this model, along with the Club Star 35 (35% larger) and Club Star 45 (45% larger), came out in 1990, using the new air cushion technology.

Danstevens
01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for that small nugget of information, Virginia. If you hadn't told me, I would have guessed that it was a little more recent than 1990.

I don't suppose anyone else has any information on the Club Star Pro?