PDA

View Full Version : Pacific totally copied Wilson

nalbandian
01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I visited the Pacific tennis website and saw that there new racket technology was called basaltx, they are coming out in march.

http://www.pacifictennis.com/

nalbandian
01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Just go to tennis rackets once your on the pacific website.

Necroblood
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
wow your right... Well it is the marketing world you gotta dole out stuff faster than your rival companies right?

VGP
01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I think it's the other way around.

vsbabolat
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
VGP is right. When the racquets were called Fischer they were using Basalt fibers for Fischer Line of Black Granite racquets.

BLACK GRANITE is a volcanic fibre that is used for the first time for a tennis racquet. Fischer has had it in their racquets for the last year and half.
http://tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageRCFH-FBGC95L.html

Pacific bought the Fischer Tennis division and the technology that went into Fischer Racquets.
http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/news/2009/07/pacific_acquires_fischer_tenni.html

So it is Wilson that is copying Pacific/Fischer.

Richie Rich
01-10-2010, 06:27 PM
is there really any "new" technology these days? most is marketing gimmick.

OliverSimon
01-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Do they really use black granite? How does it help in the tennis racquet??

Joker
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Supposedly, they give you more feel/touch.

Recon
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Honestly fishers have the best feel of any racquet I've ever hit with. So I believe they have a winning formula, any fisher users would have to agree. I personally use the k90, but fishers have a soft plush connected feel that in my eyes, is unbeatable.

lew.m.f.tennisfan
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
pacific did it before wilson

AutoXer
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
How lame that people think Wilson is an innovator. Wilson has always made KMart quality sports equipment, but for some reason tennis people think they make quality stuff. Even the quality control on their tennis products is 3rd rate at best.

Sponsor some top pros and people forget about making fun of the kid with the Wilson bat in Little League. :P

stormholloway
01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
The quality control may be suspect but Wilson's designs are not.

insiderman
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
While there are potentially many, many arguments here - the one that is without argument, is that Fischer with their 'Black Granite' (their "name" for using Basalt fibers) was developed and introduced almost 3-years ago already - so 'that' argument of who was first to use Basalt fibers is a dead issue. Pacific after acquiring Fischer, took the 'Black Granite' to the next level it seems - with their; BasaltX fibers...
Do a simple Google search on Basalt fibers, etc - you will see it has been around for many years - actually since the late 1930's!
Also / lastly, seems interesting that Pacific is happy to mention this AsaTec company as their supplier (100% from Austria) but we've heard '0' from Wilson as to where, etc they get their Basalt...hummmmmmm
Again, again - if you Google Basalt you will see there are really a lot of variables in quality, etc of the natural source, so I'm going to have to believe in the quality name of AsaTec aspect here...as they are also a major supplier for Basalt fibers that are used in aerospace, etc (very) technical applications. Must be costing Pacific a pretty 'euro'...

tsongaali
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM
THREAD TITLE = FaIL:)

mctennis
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
How lame that people think Wilson is an innovator. Wilson has always made KMart quality sports equipment, but for some reason tennis people think they make quality stuff. Even the quality control on their tennis products is 3rd rate at best.

Sponsor some top pros and people forget about making fun of the kid with the Wilson bat in Little League. :P

Hehehe, I agree with you on both counts. Wilson bat in Little league. Lol.
I've never been impressed with Wilson racquets. Hype costs you lots of $$$ and Wilson is the king of hype.

JW10S
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
How lame that people think Wilson is an innovator. I know a VP at Wilson who is constantly trying to get me to switch to their racquets. I've known him a long time, we first met when he was with another company, and he doesn't BS me. He tells me straight out 'this is our copy of the Pure Drive; this is our copy of the C10; this is our copy of the Radical; this is our copy of the Prestige; K-factor is nothing more than braided graphite--the same thing we've done for 20 years', etc. Wilson is good at seeing what is working in the market and convinving people that they thought of it first.

stormholloway
01-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Doesn't Wilson have the largest market share in tennis racquets? I'd hardly call that little league. They also clearly have the best grand slam legacy historically speaking. They've produced some of the most legendary racquets in history.

VGP
01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
...nothing more than braided graphite--the same thing we've done for 20 years', etc.

I like Wilson racquets. Old Wilson racquets.

....or at least their old designs (i.e. kPS88 )