PDA

View Full Version : Adding lead/What's the new balance?

Marvel
04-24-2005, 09:57 AM
I've added 12 grams of Babolat leadtape to my Babolat Pure Control Team Standard - 2x3 grams at 3- and 9-o'clock each so the total weight of the racquet is 354 grams. But what will the the new balance and swingweight be? Is there a formular?

BTW after adding the lead the racquet have become much more stabil and powerful - plays with solid sound strokes and drives through the ball much more powerful and clean - it's a dream now and has totally different feel. Comes highly recommended!

the_arod
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
New Balance Point distance (x) from original balance point, resulting from adding weight (m) at a distance (y) from the original balance point of a racquet having an original weight (M).

x = y * (m / (M + m)) Derivation

www.racquetresearch.com

gregraven
04-24-2005, 02:39 PM
If you mean the Babolat Pure Control Team MP, using the measurements published by the USRSA and adding 12 grams at roughly 54 cm, you will get:

New mass: 339 grams
New balance: 33.26 cm
New swingweight: 348 kg x cm2
New COP: 54.2 cm
New recoil weight: 165 kg x cm2
Net hitting weight: 179 kg x cm2

POGO
04-24-2005, 02:47 PM
I've added 12 grams of Babolat leadtape to my Babolat Pure Control Team Standard - 2x3 grams at 3- and 9-o'clock each so the total weight of the racquet is 354 grams. But what will the the new balance and swingweight be? Is there a formular?

BTW after adding the lead the racquet have become much more stabil and powerful - plays with solid sound strokes and drives through the ball much more powerful and clean - it's a dream now and has totally different feel. Comes highly recommended!
I think you also change the balance to more head heavy by not putting lead tape in the handle to counter balance the added weight in the head.

Gaines Hillix
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
The formula for the additional swingwieght is M X D^2/1000 where M is the weight in grams that was added and D is the distance in centimeters from the AOR(10cm from the butt end) to the mid point of where the weight was added. If that was 12g at 54cm then you have 12 x 44^2/1000 or 23.23 kgxcm^2 of additional swingweight.

bee
04-25-2005, 01:17 AM
You are indeed wise Pogo. Of course you change the balance to less head light. When I add lead tape the first place I put it is on the handle. Then, a little on the throat and head. I like a headlight heavy racquet.

Marvel
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Thanx a lot Greg!

But it was the Babolat Pure Control Team Standard (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BPC.html) not the MP ;-)

But anyway, thanx for the time and work I appreciate it alot!

Kind regards

Marvel

Marvel
04-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Gaines,

thanx for helping out with the swingweight - which is now around 340!

Best regards

Marvel