PDA

View Full Version : Tk82s

pelusi
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
the new TK82S is is more rounded than the old TK82??
is very similar (in shape) to the Wilson grip??

Hankenstein
01-15-2010, 12:17 AM
I bought 4 TK82S and installed 1 on my Head Extrem Pro teflon. that racket have original TK82 pallets. The TK82S is much rounder then the TK82. Totally different from "normal" Head pallet shape. Feels much like a Wilson-grip.

THESEXPISTOL
01-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Same here.

pelusi
01-29-2010, 02:26 AM
someone????
It is difficult to install in the pallet????

tomtom1
01-29-2010, 02:56 AM
It's not hard...

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfhKEt_4nQ for a tute on how to do it. His method works, but be careful with the knife, work slowly and be patient or you'll snap the pallet you're trying to remove like I did :oops:

What isn't mentioned in the video is that you may have to trim a couple of centimetres off the bottom of the new pallet, as it comes too long. Again, but patient doing this, or you may snap it (again like I did, but as this part is covered by the buttcap it doesn't matter that much)

Mazilla2219
01-29-2010, 05:04 AM
It takes about 15-20 minutes depending on how slow and detailed you are. If you are trying to save the old pallets then it might take you longer. I've done it a couple of time and here are some tips:

- Always use a heat source (heat gun, blow dryer) to loosen up the glue before trying to pry off the pallet.

The last time I swapped pallets I used boiling hot water as some other poster suggested. Boil the water, stick the racquet handle in the water and continue to boil. Wait until you see bubbles come out from the pallet, then remove pallet. (FYI - the water is hot, therefore the pallet is hot, do not make the same mistake and try to pry the pallet of with your bare hands!)

- Weigh and measure the pallet you are removing and installing. Cut the pallet you are installing down to size and add lead tape if necessary to the one you are installing as they might weight differently.

I used a mitrebox and a hack saw to do this. The foam handle was a piece of cake to cut the only hard part is make sure you're cutting straight.

As for installing I just used the residual glue that was already on the handle to reinstall. Hope this helps.