PDA

View Full Version : help between Ntour 95 & n six-one 95!!!!

isell188
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
I have been demo-ing the n six-one 95(16x18) and it plays well. The question I have, is that I am between a 3.0-3.5 player, and I was wondering if the n tour 95(orange one) would help my game improve faster, or if I should buy the n six-one and just work harder on my game. I generally hit from the baseline, and my mishits tend to be long or wide, and not generally net shots.

johnmcc516
04-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Both are great sticks. You can't go wrong. THe nTour is even balanced, more flexible, and lighter. The Six-One is heavier, 65 stiff rating, and headlight. I demoed both racquets and they are great, I prefered the Six-One, but if you want a good stick that isn't quite that heavy, the nTour is great.

AndrewD
04-25-2005, 08:10 AM
I dont think buying the heavier frame will help your game improve at all. Probably a better idea to err on the lighter side and then add weight a little bit later on when you feel the need or your strength increases.

If you're a 3.0-3.5 the way to improve is to address your weaknesses and practise. At a guess, and Im not a coach, but if your shots are going long then it sounds like you're finding the sweetspot but not timing your shots. Either preparing too late or hitting too much off the back foot. If its the former then the lighter one might be best, if its the latter then slightly heavier could be good.

Better idea, go to a coach and ask their opinion. At least you'll be getting qualified information, especially if you've had a lesson from them.

brian.sat
04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
When you are improving go for a heavy stick.

pchoi04
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Well... Going to a heavy stick is gonna be tough for a little while... In the long run a players racquet will do you much better. After this switch your probably gonna lose alot of games/matches but just keep in mind, lose as many times as it takes to win. If you go with the n61 95 dont give up on it so quickly.

man-walking
04-26-2005, 11:15 AM
When you are improving go for a heavy stick.
When you are improving go for a head-light stick, most heavy as possible.
HL is the key to improve swing and timing with more confidence. ;)

isell188
04-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I wound up getting the n six-one 95 (16x18) as a present, last week, and I played yesterday with it. I am wondering if I am not good enough to use it. My forehand shots are good with it, but my backhand needs work. My question is that I am doing a world team tennis rec league starting this week (2.5-3.5) and even though I fit in skillwise, I think that I may look dumb showing up with a pro's racquet. Do a lot of 2.5-3.5's play with this racquet?

Dopke
04-27-2005, 12:19 PM
If you are 3.5, dont sweat. But if you are 3.0... you might look like a poser ^^ but use whatever you want man.

supersmash
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Who cares about looking like a poser. Just use whatever you feel is best.

AndrewD
04-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Mate, you're going to show up and find the majority of other players, if they aren't swinging a Babolat PD or some other frame endorsed by a pro will be decked out in the latest Nike, Fila, Adidas etc. So no-one is going to think you're a poser. More likely they'll be wishing they had the same racquet as you.

The n six-one 95 is a fine racquet and will, Im sure, give you many hours of enjoyable play. At least you wont have to worry about upgrading when you do get a bit better, you've already got a good stick. Don't worry about your backhand needing work, its usually the least natural shot for every player and there's more than enough 4.0's (even up as high as 5.0's) who need to work on that stroke. A bit of coaching and some 'practise with a purpose' will fix that up for you.

Just one thing though. If for any reason you find that you're not getting the response you want dont look at the frame as the cause but have a look at the strings. If you're still hitting long or wide but getting good power it might be time to increase the tension or look at a change of string.

isell188
04-27-2005, 07:42 PM
thanks, for the help.

highsierra
05-07-2005, 07:58 PM
isell188, how have been doing with the nCode Six-One 95 so far? I have played with it a couple of times and found my game improved a lot, mainly more pace with the ball and better placement also. But it's pretty demanding. I'm okay right now but not sure it would do harm to my arm eventually. I'm also considering nTour as an alternative, maybe lead it up to ~11.5 oz strung.

You said you demo'd both Six-one and nTour and then seemed you went with Six-One. What did you not like the nTour?

Exile
05-07-2005, 08:03 PM
it kinda reminds me of the time I thought the i.rad OS was tough on my arm, then i started to play tennis again, and things got alot better....

Alex
05-07-2005, 09:19 PM
I have been demo-ing the n six-one 95(16x18) and it plays well. The question I have, is that I am between a 3.0-3.5 player, and I was wondering if the n tour 95(orange one) would help my game improve faster, or if I should buy the n six-one and just work harder on my game. I generally hit from the baseline, and my mishits tend to be long or wide, and not generally net shots.

Hi isell188, Between these 2 racquets, it all depend on how physically strong you are. If you are strong eough and can handle the weight(12+ oz) go for the nCode six-one 95. If not the nTour will be your choice for now till you become stonger.

I would recommend that you go for the nCode six-one 95 and slowly build up your strength. Plus as you get better, it has more room for you to improve.

Hope this help!!

brandon61
05-07-2005, 10:33 PM
you will not look like a poser i have seen people that are terrible that have good raquets and you will eventually get used to the ncode 95 weight

nViATi
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Well... Going to a heavy stick is gonna be tough for a little while... In the long run a players racquet will do you much better. After this switch your probably gonna lose alot of games/matches but just keep in mind, lose as many times as it takes to win. If you go with the n61 95 dont give up on it so quickly.
i went from a head i.s12 to head i.s1 to prince precision graphite(100 sq inch old school racquet that was sort of heavy and hurt like hell on mishits) to head lm prestige mp. i'm only a 3.0-3.5 but the prestige isn't too hard to use. you just have to keep your eye on the ball and move your feet. so conclusion : players racquets aren't too hard to use as long as you concentrate and move your feet. well... except for insane racquets like pete sampras' tiny 85 sq inch prostaff lol

Exile
05-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Insane?

Then call me Hannibal Frickin' Lecter.