PDA

View Full Version : Racquet recommendation?

PurePrestige
04-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Current Racquet: Liquidmetal Prestige Mid
17 Years old, 6'4", Right Handed
I play pretty much an all-court game. Big forehand, full western, I like to run around my backhand and hit for winners in general with my forehand. 2 Handed backhand which I sometimes run around my forehand for, so I guess it is equally as strong as my forehand.
Serving: Flat first serve, averaging 110-120 area. Second serve Kick serve, love hitting lots of spin to take people off the court.
I mix up the way I play alot, from Serve and Volley, to Baselining through the course of a match. Sometimes I stick to the baseline no matter what, others I try to find a way to the net as quick as I can.

I've been considering giving the Aeropro Drive a test, is that a good idea? I am looking for something to give, maybe some more spin, and more power because I trade-off power for spin with the full western.

thejackal
04-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Aeropro Control or TFight 325/315?

Flatspin
04-24-2005, 04:19 PM
The Lm mid is a hard act to follow. IMO!!! However, I thought the Tour 10 V-Engine mid (Vokyl) was impressive!

montx
04-26-2005, 07:49 AM
If your all court, I'd take a look at the Dunlop 300G! I am switching to the Dunlop from Head LM Radical MP. Lower swingweight for a 3.5 NRTP player. Cushioning it with Babolat VS for more elbow friendly racquet.

Currently Head LM Radical (57lbs Fibretour)
Going to Dunlop 300G (56lbs Babolat VS)

Grimjack
04-26-2005, 08:39 AM
If you're slamming winners off both wings and firing off 120 mph serves, don't change a ####ing thing.

hummer23
04-26-2005, 09:16 AM
prestige classic? or just stick with what you have

pchoi04
04-26-2005, 09:41 AM
If you want more spin try the POG MP. 93sqin and similar weight to the prestige. Very solid and great racquet. Can't go wrong with the POG.

montx
04-26-2005, 07:28 PM
On a second look, Grimjack is right, if your hitting so ferociously :)

nViATi
04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
maybe just lower tension a bit?

muklucke
04-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Dont change unless you are truely unhappy with your prestige. But if you want more spin then give the Fischer Pro Extreme FT a try. Similar specs but with a more open string pattern. Add lead tape if u want to boost the power. Thats what i did with mine.

PurePrestige
05-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, the problem is mainly the groundstrokes. I'm not slamming winners off both sides, thats what i'm looking for.
I can hit decently off both wings, but when i need that extra gear for the winner with the big wind up, the racquet doesn't respond to a huge cut at all.

I need something i'll be able to hit an outright winner with occasionally.
I've varied my string tensions and all many times but I haven't found a way to make the racquet agree with it. I was thinking about trying a babolat because they are much stiffer and may help me out.