PDA

View Full Version : what size thera-band flexbar for my wife?

blakesq
01-13-2010, 07:46 AM
My wife just had our first baby in Nov, and now how has bad tennis elbow. I am going to buy her a thera-band flexbar, but have no idea what size I should get her. She is a 3.0-3.5 player, an ex-competitive figure skater, 5'1", about 150 lbs, pretty strong compared to most women. I am thinking of getting the green one, that takes 15 lbs of force to twist (there is also the red one that takes 10 lbs, and the blue one that takes 25 lbs). I would also like to use too, but hopefully I won't ruin it, I am about 240 lbs and 5'10".

I think the green one would be a good compromise, and then we will get the blue one if it is too easy. What do you all think?

charliefedererer
01-13-2010, 08:34 AM
I think your assessment of getting the green flexbar is a good one for your description of your wife's strength and tennis elbow symptoms.

She may get the best results in giving it more time before starting the exercises and going slowly.

It is impossible to know in any one patient how much inflammation is actively going on and exactly where, and whether the flex bar exercises will help (breaking down abnormal scar tissue and adding strength to healthy muscles) or hurt them (by worsening the inflammation).

MAX PLY
01-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Green is probably right and def not the blue--it took me several weeks to work up to blue. Good luck.

mark999
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
i would get the green and blue cando twist and bend flex bar.
green for wife and blue for you. the cando is much cheaper than the theraband flex bar. $9.99 each at massage warehouse on the net.