PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a game?

PGAPankey
01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right location for this post but I want to know the best way to find a game. I am relatively new to the game and have had trouble finding playing partners. I have tried using the "Find a Partner" link on USTA.com with no success. I have sent multiple messages to people but have not gotten any response. So what are some other ways to get a game? There is a local city run tennis center close to my house but I haven't checked it out yet. What are the chances that people go hang out and wait for a game? Thanks for the advice.

ps. I am in Palm Beach Gardens, FL if anyone here is local, hit me up.:)

86golf
01-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, the best way is to join a club, short of that:
Check into a local tennis association. They often have challenge ladders, singles and doubles.
Sign up for some clinics at a tennis center. The pro might know of some others your level to hook you up with and you might meet someone in your clinic.
This forum.
Craigslist (I wouldn't do this one, but I know it is used)
And yes, if the local tennis center has a backboard, it is somewhat common for tennis players to pick up hitting partners that are hanging around the backboard.

larry10s
01-14-2010, 05:37 AM
all good suggestions. join the tennis center or a club.often there are sign up boards of people looking to play. some clubs have "walk-in" times which are basically show up and make a game. thats a great way to meet people. if there are group lessons or clinics available you can meet people that way.