PDA

View Full Version : babolat grip size: urgent help needed

cello lover
04-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey folks,

I'm gonna buy an aeropro drive, and L3 is too small for me. Should I go for a L4 or L3 with overgrip? I measured the distance between the top of my ring finger and the "second life-line"of my hand and it's 11,8 cm or 4,64 inch. Should I play with an overgrip?

Please help, because after my last expensive racquet I couldn't play with (Head LM tour, great racquet if you're strong), my fiancee says it's gonna be the last racquet for a very long time (don't get me wrong, I love her very much), so this grip size should be right...

Thanks for killing my doubts,

Erik

rws
04-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Just consider - that Bab sizes seem to be larger than other racquets and take this into account when deciding if you haven't actually tried one of their racquets.

RWS

Cfidave
04-25-2005, 03:51 AM
The Aeropro grip sizes run more true to size then the earlier Babolats. Having said that I also found them very rectangular, long and narrow comes to mind. Again, this is for the Aeropro series. I am a full 4 1/2 grip, measure almost the same as you do. I got an Aeropro control in 4 3/8. With a Yonex overgrip, it was still a tad small. I built it up 1/2 grip size with a product called add on grip. Now with the over grip, it is just right, and has more of a Prince type grip shape (rounder). In retrospec, a 4 1/2 probably would have worked better. Just keep in mind it is easy to enlarge a grip, especially a half size, very difficult to successfully make it smaller.

cello lover
05-01-2005, 01:02 PM
thx rws and cfidave,

anymore thoughts anyone?

In general, is it best to play with an overgrip?

Coda
05-01-2005, 04:45 PM
my thought is to find a fiancee that lets you buy as many rackets as you want! lol

lanxx
05-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Just got the APD today, compared to my PD, the grip size runs more accurate then the older models.