PDA

View Full Version : loose body fat percentage?

itracbui3
01-14-2010, 08:02 PM
today, i went to get a physical for school sport and apparently, my body fat % is at 21 which i think is wayy high. i dont look fat but i, however, have a tummy. what are some exercises i can do to lower my body fat % to 10-15 quickly?

Vyse
01-14-2010, 08:07 PM
no specific exercises. do running, sprints, lifting. TENNIS is always great since I am assuming you play and msot importantly: diet. eat healthy man, dithc whatever junk your eaten for good. eat produce, whole grains, lean meats, and healthy fats

there have been plenty of other threads on this if you wana check em out

i love t3nn1s
01-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Clean up your diet. I would say thats the most important thing. The next important thing is get some kind of cardio or excercise everyday for at least an hour. Run, swim, jumprope, whatever. Tennis is also good, but i dont know what intensity you play at, and also i find that most people dont play at near the intensity that they need to to burn enough calories to burn fat.

If your wondering if this works? YES it doees. Because it is exactly what i did, and i have lost over 50 lbs. and am loving it!

Basically, clean your diet up. If you eat like the average high schooler, like soda, chips, burgers, and so on, you NEED to cut all that crap out.
Gonna be hard at first, but its the only way to burn fat, and this is coming from personal experience.

Replace all that junk with fruits, like apples or whatever, but that doesnt mean you can eat a whole bunch of apples in one day because it still has sugar and calories. MODERATION and PORTION SIZE ARE KEY!!!

Good Luck!

charliefedererer
01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
^^^Yes, unfortunately there is no way to target weight loss from one area by a "special" diet.
And far better than doing a crash diet is being clever enough to come out with a pattern of eating that will keep you thin for the rest of your life. Otherwise you will just rebound with weight gain when you go back to your former eating habits. Just getting rid of junk food and high calorie drinks is a good start.
As for exercise, the best weight reducing exercise involves running/jogging. With running, you have to lift your entire body weight off the ground with each step.
For toning your abdominals and core, rotational crunches and situps are a good way to get started.
The following are good exercises to help gain some strength and importantly to try to prevent elbow, shoulder and wrist injuries from playing tennis: www.asmi.org/SportsMed/media/thrower10.swf

But eating less food high in calories will be the most important way of reaching your goal. However, don't be hungry. Start the day with a bowel of cereal. Include a big salad at dinner to help fill you up. And avoid that junk food.

Talker
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I would add cutting down on your portions but eat more often.
Not too much of simple carbs or carbs that boost your blood sugar too much, like excessive potatoes, white rice.
Once in awhile cheat. :twisted:

Zachol82
01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
today, i went to get a physical for school sport and apparently, my body fat % is at 21 which i think is wayy high. i dont look fat but i, however, have a tummy. what are some exercises i can do to lower my body fat % to 10-15 quickly?

The best way to lose body fat is to eat healthier, period.

Exercising, such as cardio, is great for your health, as well as toning your body, but it will cut fat as well as muscle. I highly recommend cardio anyhow, since it tones up your body and increases your endurance, but make sure you also work on your muscles, or you will lose them.

Also, aim to lose 1-2lbs per week, anymore and it's too unhealthy. Think about it, 2lbs is pretty freaking heavy, and fat is pretty light. If you burn 2lbs a week, there's no way you're burning 2lbs of pure fat...heck not even half a pound of pure fat.

Go with a healthy diet, more meals in lesser portions. Of course, your 3 main meals should consist of lean meat with high protein. In between your main meals, fill it in with fruits, vegetables and protein shakes. Also, watch the sodium and sugar..."healthy foods" that are low in fat tend to have a lot of sodium or sugar to makeup for the loss of flavor.

r2473
01-15-2010, 12:34 PM

I strongly suggest that you watch late night TV. You will get plenty of ideas on how to "loose" weight quickly in just the right spots.

******WARNING*******You will probably gain around 20 pounds of muscle too, so don't even start the process unless you are willing to get huge.

Praetorian
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
There is no magic way to just "quickly" lose bodyfat but here are some suggestion.

-HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a great way to getting the metabolism revving.
-Split up your meals into 6 smalls meals a day (2-3 hours apart)
-40/40/20 ratio of proteins/carbs/fats, is a good starting point, however, keep the fats low
-Low Glycemic carbs keeps the insulin at a more steady rate.
-Build muscle - Increases metabolism, and even if you don't lose and ounce of fat, if you gain muscle, mathematically you are lowering your bodyfat.
-If you can, eat whole organic foods, stay away from processed.