PDA

View Full Version : Classic Tour MidPlus 102sq.in - how heavy was it?

MAXXply
01-15-2010, 02:03 PM
There was that red 102sq.in Classic Tour MidPlus sold years ago and which is still found on the racquet(ch)oker website. A "PC660" of sorts. Does anyone know how it played and in particular how heavy it really was?
It's nominal weight is listed as 12.1 oz. Does anyone know how heavy this thing swung? What was the balance like? I would've thought for an over 100 sq.in racket they would've made it under 12 ounces, like the recent FXP Prestige TEAM, whose weight I can live with. As a guide, any Prestige MidPlus would be at my uppermost comfortzone in terms of weight. Thanks for any info.

Dino Lagaffe
01-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Head Prestige Tour 660
Weight: 349/12.31
Flex: 56
SW: 331

Don't Let It Bounce
01-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I've been interested in this one, too. I remember the sweet feel of the Graphite/Twaron Prestiges back in the day, but I can't seem to manage a head size smaller than 100. I think these specs come from old TW web pages on the Wayback Machine (internet archive):

Head Classic Tour MP (strung)
346g, 5 pt HL, SW 334, Flex 64 RA, 21mm beam, 18x19 string pattern
I've also seen the Classic MP's weight listed at 329g strung, and flex at 61.

There are comments about its various versions strewn across the forum. Here's a good one (sorry; I didn't copy down the poster's name):

Another stick is the head prestige classic 102. A buddy has one of those and that thing feels like a stick of butter....and guess what...he has it weighted to over 13 oz. Man, you talk about plush...just goes through the ball.

The customer feedback (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=HC) is overwhelmingly positive, but I've seen a few comments about the frame's fragility, too. Apparently, they need to be handled/strung with care and can even fold up on vigorous mishits.

A question for anyone who knows: TW listed the Classic Tour MP as being all graphite, like the modern pro stock versions. Was that a typo, or did it really have a different composition from the earlier Prestige 660 (which included Twaron in its makeup)?