PDA

View Full Version : Best doubles league system

Frankauc
01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I run tennis leagues at my club and i want to know whats the best doubles league system.

Most importantly, i want the league to be able to run by itself, not having to always call and find susbtitute players. I've build a website so i can use it to organize things....

whats the best automated doubles leagues system?

thx

AR15
01-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Have you checked tennisone.com? Most of the teams I know that use software or the internet, use it.

Frankauc
01-17-2010, 09:06 AM
thanks it looks like a great system but it's not exactly what im looking for.

basically i just want to know whats the best automated way to deal with substitute players. Is having people find their substitute player themselves is a system that works good?

Geezer Guy
01-19-2010, 07:20 PM
I've played in a doubles league at our club. At the start of the league we're given a list of potential substitutes. It's our responsibility to call a sub (doesn't have to be someone from the list) if we cannot make it. Since we have to play of the league up front, substitutes get to play for free so it's usually not hard to find someone willing to play.

Frankauc
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
thanks, and do people like this system, do they find substitutes all the time?

Geezer Guy
01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes, they're usually pretty good about finding their own substitutes. This particular doubles league is kind of like a ladder league, where you move up when you win and down when you lose. So, people try to get "good" players to sub for them so they don't get bumped down. If they can't or don't find a sub and the club has to find one, they usually get someone not so good.