PDA

View Full Version : Head Premier Tour, POG or Yonex RDX500?

jonas-the-ball-basher
04-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Which of these 3 racquets will offer the best blend of stability, control, spin, feel and power?

alfa164164
04-25-2005, 09:28 AM
I think I remember Deuce raving about the Premier Tour (or was that raging?).

jonas-the-ball-basher
04-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Please be serious about it.
Right now I have a Pro Tour 630, but it does not offer the spin potential I'm looking for and I prefer a midsized frame.
Also thin string like 18 Gauge don't work on this racquet, I just broke Big Bange ACE within 4 hours of playing.
I just need a good solid 16-19, midsize racquet.
So please help me out.
Btw the stiff Wilson sticks I don't like.
Thanks in advance.

Stormwolf
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Actually for my PT 280s I strung them with.. I believe Timo 18 Mains, Gosen Micro 17 Crosses. 56/62 tension I think. Good spin and durability in my opinion - the Premier tour is very flexible.. though it lacks mass and thus it is quite unstable in my opinion. The POG is not a bad stick - I used to use it though now i'm back to the Prince Graphite II MP. No comment on the Yonex Mid since I've never played with it.

alfa164164
04-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Jonas - all kidding aside, there is a shop here that has a brand new one in a 1/2 grip for $40. I may pick it up since it is so cheap, just to see what it hits like. I'll let you know how it feels tomorrow if I manage to get it strung before my match tonight.

Deuce
04-28-2005, 12:57 AM
$40 for a Premier is obscenely overpriced.

Jonas, you seem to have no idea what you want. The Pro Tour, Premier, and POG are all very, very different from one another. The Pro Tour, in my view, is by far the best of the three. POG is much too stiff. Premier is... well... the Premier - the most unstable and unusable racquet in the history of the game.

And if you break strings quickly on the Pro Your, I'd like to see how many minutes you last with the POG.

alfa164164
04-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Deuce - your "over the top" hatred of the Premier Tour is reminiscent of TommyGun's adoration of Vantage. Are you the same poster using 2 different "handles"? (just kidding)

Jonas - the Premier Tour is not as bad as Deuce makes it out to be. I held it right over the top of an i.Prestige and it is definitely slightly larger in headsize (slightly longer main strings). What I didn't care for was the 4 pts. HL balance, I prefer something north of 8 pts. HL. At 11.9 ounces strung it was plenty stable (if anything, just from the heft). The 16x18 string pattern makes it slightly easier to generate spin, compared to Head's 18x20 frames. Overall, I didn't care for it though and I don't particularly like the paint job, but it is a solid stick, inspiring a love or hate opinion apparently.

pchoi04
04-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I think the Yonex and the POG have good spin potential. But I would pick the POG over the RDX500. You can generate tons of spin with the POG and its very solid. I don't ink the RDX500 is quite as stable as the POG.

Redflea
04-28-2005, 06:51 PM
I haven't hit w/the Head, but have hit w/the Yonex Mid and the POG, and both are very spin friendly...the RDX Mid is my preferred of the two, but that's just me.

You must try them yourself. How your own style/game play, etc., interacts w/these racquets is much more important than our opinions.

Why don't you demo from Tennis Warehouse...they have a very easy to use demo program.