PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's dress

CMM
01-16-2010, 04:23 AM
for AO
http://i46.tinypic.com/2d2a9af.jpg

featherlight
01-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Personally I like the color but not a big fan of the design. It still looks good on her

featherlight
01-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Interesting dress

Cindysphinx
01-16-2010, 07:08 AM
: squeal :

I love it. Color is beautiful. I don't understand how the lace will stay put, but I suppose someone has given it some thought.

I need to have that "Who's the best-dressed player?" challenge with Topaz one of these days. I think Maria wins, hands down.

Cindy -- fully expecting Maria to show up in a wedding dress someday

Tina
01-16-2010, 07:12 AM
I like the color of blue not so much about the dress.

Nadal_Power
01-16-2010, 07:20 AM
I like her,and her dress and.. everything :mrgreen:

ace0001a
01-16-2010, 07:28 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/ace0001a/Misc/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

XFactorer
01-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I like it! Sharapova designed more pieces for Nike and she's personally picked up and coming female tennis athletes to wear her pieces over the course of the year. And more dresses designed by her, too!

SuperFly
01-16-2010, 11:56 AM
It's that time again: let's play

HOW SHOPPED IS THAT PICTURE!

Al Czervik
01-16-2010, 02:54 PM
The color is amazing and she looks hot as heck, but the ripped up nighty on top of the skirt looks stupid.

xanctus
01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
she looks hot there...hahaha

Jack & Coke
01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6011/sashavujacic2.jpg

Xenakis
01-16-2010, 03:18 PM

Lol, says it all :)

Ripper014
01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Maria would look good in a potato sack... I choose her.

malakas
01-16-2010, 03:49 PM
this looks like the combination of a tennis and club outfit.o_O I think it will be terrible playing in it in the 40C noon under the hot sun.Maybe in the pic it looks good..but in reality I seriously doubt it.

jwbarrientos
01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Maria would look good in a potato sack... I choose her.

I do agree my friend!!

Fedace
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Does that dress come with an underwear ??

whoopinstick
01-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Does that dress come with an underwear ??

Funny......

drewski711
01-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Well we didn't get to see that for very long...

abbeytxs
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM

I love it. Color is beautiful. I don't understand how the lace will stay put, but I suppose someone has given it some thought.

I need to have that "Who's the best-dressed player?" challenge with Topaz one of these days. I think Maria wins, hands down.

I'm curious, after seeing it in action last night, did you still like it? My first thought when I saw her playing was, "Oh look, Nike draped Maria in seaweed".
I also thought the dress changed color too much when it got wet. Made for a really odd look.

soyizgood
01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Well we didn't get to see that for very long...

There is a God after all. Her outfit makes me wanna puke.

precision2b
01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm curious, after seeing it in action last night, did you still like it? My first thought when I saw her playing was, "Oh look, Nike draped Maria in seaweed".
I also thought the dress changed color too much when it got wet. Made for a really odd look.

LOL!!! Now that you mentioned it, it did remind me of seaweed…

se0what
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM

i will bet it will be on grass (wimbeldon)

Topaz
01-18-2010, 03:07 PM

The problem with this challenge Cindy, is that both of us will think we have won.

I HATE the dress. HIDEOUS. And we wonder why women's tennis isn't taken seriously? And then some players show up to play in a cocktail dress? And an ugly one at that?

I much prefer the look that Kirilenko was sporting...simple, classy, streamlined with a modern, athletic cut.

I loved the white/yellow and all white dresses Sharapova had in the past. But last year and this year she has just gotten too screwy. (remember the black and silver martian dress?)

And, honestly, she needs to spend a bit more time worrying about her game and less on her outfits.

Xenakis
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes, Kirilenko looked much better. I don't know who women who wear these silly outfits are trying to appeal to.

Pretty sure most men prefer a simple skirt and t-shirt, well, I do anyway. Crazy Serena outfits or dressy things are really not required, and they look even worse when covered with sweat.

Topaz
01-18-2010, 03:19 PM
^^^Yeah, as others mentioned, Sharapova's dress looked dreadful where she was sweating.

And it is summer in Australia...you'd think someone would consider that!!!

Xenakis
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Sweating in sportswear is fine, par for the course. Sweating in something that looks like a dress, not fine, looks wrong/unattractive. A mystery why the trend for dressy outfits continues. I'm going to write to my MP :-)

Topaz
01-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Sweating in sportswear is fine, par for the course. Sweating in something that looks like a dress, not fine, looks wrong/unattractive. A mystery why the trend for dressy outfits continues. I'm going to write to my MP :-)

I'm not sure the Military Police will care much, though you are to be applauded for your effort!

:D

forthegame
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Ha ha ha ha! ROFL!!

Not sure if everyone will it!

Xenakis
01-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure the Military Police will care much, though you are to be applauded for your effort!

:D

Silly :-)

10char

malakas
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
After she started sweating,it looked like a wet bathroom curtain.

sureshs
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, the dress is wasted because we won't see it any more.

abbeytxs
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, Kirilenko looked much better. I don't know who women who wear these silly outfits are trying to appeal to.

Pretty sure most men prefer a simple skirt and t-shirt, well, I do anyway. Crazy Serena outfits or dressy things are really not required, and they look even worse when covered with sweat.

Not all the Serena outfits are that bad. I have the red dress she wore at the US Open a couple of years ago. It is a GREAT dress. Very comfortable, looks like it belongs on the tennis court. Overall, my preference is just a simple shirt and skort.

The only women I see wear the over the top outfits are the old, country club ladies who only play doubles and don't really sweat that much. They do look nice.

Xenakis
01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Not all the Serena outfits are that bad. I have the red dress she wore at the US Open a couple of years ago. It is a GREAT dress. Very comfortable, looks like it belongs on the tennis court. Overall, my preference is just a simple shirt and skort.

The only women I see wear the over the top outfits are the old, country club ladies who only play doubles and don't really sweat that much. They do look nice.

Sorry, I'm not insulting your wardrobe and I haven't seen all of her outfits but that pink dress she wore at the last US Open was just absurd IMO (by the end of the match the only bit of the dress that didn't seem to have sweat on it was a small patch in front of her cleavage.)

Another classic, Columbo inspired?

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4413/serenatrench.jpg

Xenakis
01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
After she started sweating,it looked like a wet bathroom curtain.

Lol, that's quite funny for you Malakas :twisted:

malakas
01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
the best WTA outfit is the leopard one,that crazy woman wore once.

Raid
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
better view:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/foto/0,,35033757-DP,00.jpg

Topaz
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I find I quite like Ivanovic's dress...it looks much nicer on than it did in just the plain picture. And the balance is right...it is a dress, but much more suited to, you know, playing *tennis* than Sharapova's elf nymph costume.

I think Serena has had it just right lately, too. She is far removed from some of the scary stuff she wore earlier in her career.

SuperFly
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
better view:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/foto/0,,35033757-DP,00.jpg

You naughty guy.

If anyone wants to buy it it's on TW.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Womens_Maria_Golden_Set_Dress/descpageWANIKE-NWGSDR.html

JoelDali
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
And I thought the Fed $80 polo was a scam. I'm definitely not buying Sharapova's stuff.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/NWGSDR-1.jpg

abbeytxs
01-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry, I'm not insulting your wardrobe and I haven't seen all of her outfits but that pink dress she wore at the last US Open was just absurd IMO (by the end of the match the only bit of the dress that didn't seem to have sweat on it was a small patch in front of her cleavage.)

Another classic, Columbo inspired?

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4413/serenatrench.jpg

LOL. Not to worry. My wardrobe and I are not even remotely insulted.
I agree that Serena has more fashion don'ts than do's. The black catsuit and the denim gladiator come to mind, but every once in awhile, she has something that isn't so bad.

It would be nice if someone at Nike would remind Serena and Maria that while they are both very accomplished tennis players, they really should leave the clothes designing to the experts.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 06:47 AM
I gotta say...Serena's dress beats Sharapova's hands down this time around!

I like the yellow!

Blade0324
01-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Sharapova's dress is pretty nasty. I personally think she is hot, but much of the on court attire she wears is just nasty. Also just saw her dress in a local shop yesterday and it's even worse in person.

sureshs
01-19-2010, 08:10 AM
She seems to prefer the older doll kind of raised outfits at the chest. Looks like a giraffe wearing its younger sister's clothes.

malakas
01-19-2010, 08:17 AM
I gotta say...Serena's dress beats Sharapova's hands down this time around!

I like the yellow!

yes me too.It's very nice.But I would call it more of orange than yellow.

Fee
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Maria's dress is more suitable for figure skating then tennis, I was disappointed considering she has worn some very nice clothing in the past. I see it's been panned in the non-tennis fashion circles too.

I liked Serena's orange dress. I was pleasantly suprised to see her wearing something so tasteful and modest. I hope this becomes a permanent trend with her.

I also like Venus' yellow dress, it looks fantastic on her.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
You guys really see it as orange?

I totally see it as yellow...funny!

It is officially called 'Sunbeam'...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Womens_Sunburst_Love_Game_Dress/descpageWANIKE-NWSLGD.html

Maria's dress is 'bluegrass'...lol

dman72
01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Beautiful girl, hideous dress.

Fee
01-19-2010, 12:03 PM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Womens_Sunburst_Love_Game_Dress/descpageWANIKE-NWSLGD.html

Yeah, that's a shade of orange to me. It was my first thought when she walked on court for her match, and also my first thought when she came on court for the Hit for Haiti. She was wearing an orange top for that too. It has some yellow in it, but that's definitely orange. :)

Topaz
01-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Well, to me, it is definitely yellow!

I like it though, might try to get some...when it goes on sale!

malakas
01-19-2010, 12:08 PM

blue-grass like meaning sea-weed??I like how they basically admit it themselves.:D

Yes,that's orange allright.I see there's also in purple?but the orange looks much better.
Imo this design is very flattering for a real average woman.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 12:10 PM
If y'all think that is orange, what do you call this?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Mens_Spring_Trend_Pique_Polo/descpageMANIKE-MNSTPP.html

malakas
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
sanguini orange.:)

Can someone post a pic of venus' dress please?I haven't seen it.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 12:14 PM
sanguini orange.:)

Can someone post a pic of venus' dress please?I haven't seen it.

Check yahoo sports...just type in venus williams and tennis, and it should come up. And, it is *yellow*! LOL

Anyone notice how green, yellow, and, ok...orange...are always popular for the AO lines?

I've loved all of Venus's dresses for the past two years or so...very elegant and different, but still appropriate for playing tennis!

Poor Masha needs to go back to the drawing board in more than one area it seems.

crystal_clear
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
I was wondering how many of you would have different opinions on the dress if Sharopova had won the match.

malakas
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I was wondering how many of you would have different opinions on the dress if Sharopova had won the match.

Yes we would all have different opinions-> much WORSE opinions since we would be exposed to the bathroom curtain a lot more.But thankfully there is a god,afterall.:D

Topaz:I managed to find one pic.See THAT is yellow!:p though serena's is much better.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
@crystal clear...Ummm, I would still hate it. Lol, my opinion of the dress wouldn't change because of the outcome of a tennis match.

Fee
01-19-2010, 12:28 PM
If y'all think that is orange, what do you call this?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Mens_Spring_Trend_Pique_Polo/descpageMANIKE-MNSTPP.html

That's orange, but it's a red-hued orange.

Put Venus' yellow dress next to Serena's orange dress and you can clearly see they are different shades.

sureshs
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
To evaluate her dress, we need to see her with and without it.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Ladies! (and suresh)

We have a winner!!! Caroline's dress trumps them all!

Xenakis
01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Ladies! (and suresh)

We have a winner!!! Caroline's dress trumps them all!

Perhaps. Still think tennis dresses are a bit of a no no. Skirt and top, best :)

Xenakis
01-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh and skorts are ok too (only just worked out what they are, thought people were misspelling skirt at first.)

Or even shorts are fine too actually.

In one of an infinite number of alternate realities I imagine I'm the Karl Lagerfeld of womens' tennis fashion. Uncompromising and arrogant dressy outfits are not allowed.

'Yes darling but what happens when you sweat in a dress? attractive? no. You are an athlete, look like one. Form must follow function, that's sexy.'

Topaz
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
^^^Ahhh Xenakis, you are a mystery wrapped up in a riddle!

One of the reasons I like Wozzi's dress is that it is a very simple, clean cut. I only own a few tennis dresses myself, but they are all cut similarly.

LOL at you correcting people talking about skorts!!!

Xenakis
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
^^^Ahhh Xenakis, you are a mystery wrapped up in a riddle!

One of the reasons I like Wozzi's dress is that it is a very simple, clean cut. I only own a few tennis dresses myself, but they are all cut similarly.

LOL at you correcting people talking about skorts!!!

I never actually corrected anyone for using the word skort. Thankfully (I think I would have had the nouse to look it up first, hopefully.)

Re Wozzi's dress, was just watching her play now. One of the best players on the womens' tour and that dress is acceptable. Not too fussy as you suggest. But still, I'd rather the ladies stuck to more sporty attire, just my opinion of course.

Topaz
01-19-2010, 05:36 PM
^^^Such as Kirilenko's ensemble or Clijster's outfit? I liked those, too.

Xenakis
01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Kirilenko's outift get's the thumbs up as does Kim's however I thought the jacket she wore in the press conference was a bit too retro. Nice, but not for modern tennis. I'll send her an email.

forthegame
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM
And I thought the Fed $80 polo was a scam. I'm definitely not buying Sharapova's stuff.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/NWGSDR-1.jpg

Looks like something out of 'The Exorcist'!

larry10s
01-20-2010, 09:35 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/ace0001a/Misc/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

thats my opinion of the dress (and sharapova)

catfish
01-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I think Sharapova's dress is hideous. It doesn't look practical for athletic attire. I prefer clothes that are more functional. I really like all of Kim Clijsters recent Fila outfits. They look athletic and "un-frilly". Most of the Adidas clothes look great too. However, they never seem to fit me personally.

I like the Nike dresses that Serena has worn in the last few grand slams and I like her bright yellow AO dress. I think the dress styles are flattering to her body type. Her body type is hard to dress.

Blade0324
01-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry I have to say that I thing Serena's looks very yellow to me as well. Doesn't really look orange at all from what I have seen.

Topaz
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I think Sharapova's dress is hideous. It doesn't look practical for athletic attire. I prefer clothes that are more functional. I really like all of Kim Clijsters recent Fila outfits. They look athletic and "un-frilly". Most of the Adidas clothes look great too. However, they never seem to fit me personally.

I like the Nike dresses that Serena has worn in the last few grand slams and I like her bright yellow AO dress. I think the dress styles are flattering to her body type. Her body type is hard to dress.

Sorry I have to say that I thing Serena's looks very yellow to me as well. Doesn't really look orange at all from what I have seen.

Ok, thank you!!! I knew I wasn't crazy! LOL Some say tomato, some say tomahto...etc etc

Catfish, I like the Fila and Adidas stuff as well...and I have issues with Adidas fit, too...just always seems to be gaping at some point or another. But I love how they have nice, stylish yet simple skirts.

I love how we've turned this into another women's apparel thread! :D

catfish
01-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Ok, thank you!!! I knew I wasn't crazy! LOL Some say tomato, some say tomahto...etc etc

Catfish, I like the Fila and Adidas stuff as well...and I have issues with Adidas fit, too...just always seems to be gaping at some point or another. But I love how they have nice, stylish yet simple skirts.

I love how we've turned this into another women's apparel thread! :D

Sometimes I think it’d be nice to be a guy and not have to worry about how things fit. They can pretty much wear the same size in every brand. You’d never hear a guy say “Nike shorts fit my butt, but gap in the waist.” Or “Adidas clothes always make me look fat.”:)

Vyse
01-20-2010, 10:46 AM
it looks like she walked out of a swamp

dman72
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM

Kim's definitely "filled out" since the kid. Even being tremendously fit she can't hide certain parts of herself. :) Sorry.

I'm fine with the super tight athletic attire a la Kirilenko. No reason for Marsha to try to get all fancy...didn't mind the black cocktail-y thing from the US open, but this thing we have here is just butt ugly.

Topaz
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Sometimes I think it’d be nice to be a guy and not have to worry about how things fit. They can pretty much wear the same size in every brand. You’d never hear a guy say “Nike shorts fit my butt, but gap in the waist.” Or “Adidas clothes always make me look fat.”:)

LOL...that's the truth!

malakas
01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
no no I have seen/heard this a lot of times.You would be suprised.Even in here in tw there are many threads.

Blade0324
01-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Well as a guy I can tell you that I hate Prince shorts. They me like the old days of tennis shorts (Jimmy conners style shorties). I also don't like the fit of Slazenger shirts they are not but big enough in the shoulders or armholes for me. See we have issues with tennis crap too, just not as much as you ladies.

catfish
01-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Well as a guy I can tell you that I hate Prince shorts. They me like the old days of tennis shorts (Jimmy conners style shorties). I also don't like the fit of Slazenger shirts they are not but big enough in the shoulders or armholes for me. See we have issues with tennis crap too, just not as much as you ladies.

Yes, I guess guys have some issues too, but nothing like us. It reminds me of when my son was a little kid. He saw a very busty woman and commented "That lady is all lumpy".

Tennissee
01-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes, I guess guys have some issues too, but nothing like us. It reminds me of when my son was a little kid. He saw a very busty woman and commented "That lady is all lumpy".

Ha, ha, haaaa.

OliverSimon
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Maria lookin' fine...mhm

Blade0324
01-21-2010, 08:05 AM

For sure the issues are so different for guys than you ladies. My wife is pretty well endowed and has a great deal of difficulty finding a good sports bra that works for her.

malakas
01-21-2010, 08:15 AM

hahahaha :lol: that must have been awkard moment :mrgreen:

catfish
01-21-2010, 09:24 AM
For sure the issues are so different for guys than you ladies. My wife is pretty well endowed and has a great deal of difficulty finding a good sports bra that works for her.

I have the same problem as your wife. Tell her that Champion makes good ones.

catfish
01-21-2010, 09:25 AM
hahahaha :lol: that must have been awkard moment :mrgreen:

Thankfully, the "lumpy" lady didn't hear him.

Slazenger07
02-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Who gives a **** about the dress...what's she wearing underneath it?? : )

adidasman
03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Who gives a **** about the dress...what's she wearing underneath it?? : ) Some shredded, uncomfortable-looking black and blue undies.

David_Is_Right
03-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Well done to Maria for wearing outfits that are a bit different. She always looks great in my opinion.

mattymatt
03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
She really can't make anything look bad. She will have to try hard.