PDA

View Full Version : Losing focus

monkeyisland90
01-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I've read inner game of tennis 2-3 times (skipping some chapters) and it's amazing how in depth this sport is but more amazing how human mind works...
I had first doubles tournament yesterday and implemented some concentration strategies from the book (mainly just focusing on the ball) and first set... my doubles partner and I won 6-0 then second set it was 7-5.. then superset we lost 10-4.... There was correlation from the score and my focus.. First set, I was just really focused.. second set i saw it drifting and superset had no interest really.... So what do you guys do when you start losing focus cause this sport is so mental it requires lot of mental power.... It's very hard for me to bounce back up when i start losing focus since I get uninterested, tired and confused on how to bounce back... and when i lose focus .. negative or unecssary thoughts creep in to further deepen the situation..

pooldog
01-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Looks like you've 'mentally assented' to the concept; putting it into practical application takes time and practice. After all, it was your first match, right?