PDA

View Full Version : Is Roddick and Agassi the best on clay among the Americans?

hlkimfung
04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
As pathetic as it sound, do you think these two are already the best on clay among the relatively shallow field?

i don't know how i should picture Agassi as a clay courter, but he did won the French and Rome and Houston as couple years ago.

For Roddick, he reach the Houston final for five straight years, yes, it's a shallow field that no one care, but a win is a win, plus he also won the st polten a couple years ago
My point is, would Roddick remain as the 'best American clay courter' as long as he remain as the no.1 American? or he would care less and eventually let some other take the status? so far i don't see anyone up and comer taking this Honor, maybe Donald Young?

Is Courier the last American truly great on clay

who's better on clay? Rod or AA?

johnmcc516
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes, Andy is the best american clay courter.

spinbalz
04-25-2005, 10:07 AM
IMHO Spadea is a better clay courter than Roddick, until recently Agassi was the best american clay courter, but I think that currently he doesn't really care about clay.

federerhoogenbandfan
04-25-2005, 10:28 AM
There will be zero Americans past the 3rd round of the French Open this year. By the time NBC have their first weekend coverage there wont be an American on site.

scoot
04-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Ginepri has a game that translates excellently to clay in theory. But I dont believe hes done a thing in his career on the dirt

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I thought Roddick looked great in his win over Grosjean. He actually had good footwork including sliding. Hey may do better in Europe than everbody seems to think.

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
DELETED POST (REPEAT)

Andy Hewitt
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah I Do Thin A.rod Is An Outside Bet For Rg. Dont Forget Hes Performance At The Davis Cup Against Nadal, He Provided Stiffer Opposition Then The Likes Of Ferrero, Gaudio And Coria.
Oooohhh Daaaamnnnn... You have a point! Yoooouuu have a point...

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
YEAH I DO THINk A.ROD COULD HAVE AN OUTSIDE SHOT AT RG THIS YR, CONSIDERING HES HIGH SEEDING. DONT FORGET HES PERFORMANCE AT THE DAVIS CUP AGAINST NADAL. HE PROVIDED STIFFER OPPOSITION THEN THE LIKES OF FERRERO, GAUDIO AND CORIA.

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Oooohhh Daaaamnnnn... You have a point! Yoooouuu have a point...

DUDE ARE YOU GENUINELY AGREEING WITH ME OR JUST TAKING THE P*SS??

Jonas
04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Let's not forget that Roddick has several clay court titles in his career. Granted, that most of them have been in the US, but he did win St. Polten in '03 and his first trip to the French Open in '01 he made the round of 16 (i think)
With a game like Andy's, he is always going to have a punchers chance on any surface, no matter who he is playing. Let's all hope he and Andre make the second week, or we will be seeing nothing, but Serena re-peats the whole fortnight :(

Exile
04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Guga is playing FO isnt he?

devila
04-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Spadea has no clay title. More bashing, I see. *yawn

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Guga is playing FO isnt he?

Yes he also intends to play Rome and Hamburg. Guga's physical condition is improving by the day, he hopes to be 100% match fit for FO.

VictorS.
04-25-2005, 06:02 PM
I think Roddick could do some damage in the upcoming clay season. Obviously he's not a natural on the surface. But his weapons still remain. His serve is still quite difficult to return and the clay I think allows him to run around his forehand even more and gives him more time to prepare for his shots. And I noticed his movement on the surface is quite good by American standards.

Andy Hewitt
04-25-2005, 06:12 PM
DUDE ARE YOU GENUINELY AGREEING WITH ME OR JUST TAKING THE P*SS??
Naw man, you be spittin da truff! Roddick shoulda beat Nadal up and down da cawt!