PDA

View Full Version : Control on Head Flexpoints?

Gaines Hillix
04-25-2005, 02:40 PM
The theory behind the flexpoint system seems sound. It occurs to me that its kind of like a satellite dish where incoming waves will be directed to a central point no matter where they hit on the frame? Has anyone noticed an effect like this or am I off base here?

mido
04-25-2005, 03:29 PM
From my observation I see the Flexpoint effect works when the contact is in the sweet spot area, which is quite large. Also some pace is needed for it to work.
Pushing the ball won’t produce Flexpoint effect.

b.
04-26-2005, 06:34 AM
It has been noticed that when serving ball is hit with the upper part of the head. Then head "breaking" would have opposite effect?
Also, one of the playtesters reported "erratic" serves (dificult aiming at lines...).

Is there any connection IYO?

Kevo
04-26-2005, 06:51 AM
It seems to me that the strings should serve the purpose the flexpoint is trying to serve. I would guess that a person who normally uses stiff strings might notice a bigger difference than a person who uses a gut or soft multifilament string. Then again, people who like stiff strings like them for a reason, so maybe it would be counter productive for them. Maybe a person who likes soft strings would get an incremental benefit with the flexpoint and like it better. But, I haven't had the chance to hit with one so I don't know.

ollinger
04-26-2005, 06:56 AM
If satellite dishes could bend, things would not go very well. Likewise here. As the portion of the racquet below the dimples is relatively fixed (by your arm) and the rest of the racquet isn't, balls hit on the top half of the frame should cause the thing to distort the wrong way and cause errant shots as noted above.
________
condominiums Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

tarheelbornjohn
04-26-2005, 07:00 AM
I have wandered about that too. There are times when I hit a little high on the string bed and would think that would spay the ball out wide. On the other hand, When I do hit it higher I am ususally out in front of the ball more than I had planned and maybe then bend back might correct it some. Kinda like the new golf drivers.

Another question that does not need a new thread. Is head coming out with a fp prestige and if they are are they going to stop making the LM Prestige? If they are going to stop I need to buy several more as I will likely be using this stick for many more years.

NoBadMojo
04-26-2005, 07:04 AM
my opinion on the flexpoint..the radical anyway, is that it makes the stringbed even more inconsistent than it already was in the previous forms of the radical. hit it in the flexpoint zone and you can feel the cupping and you get a low powered very controllable soft response (too low powered for my game) and lower powered than the older Rads..hit it lower than that and Z-A-N-G-O you get a flyer, and since the frame is harder to spin seems like you get a wilder miss hit when you hit it lower than you want and you get a lack of power when you hit the flexpoint zone.