PDA

View Full Version : where I should use spin friendly string?

DNA2002
01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I am considering to use Luxilon rough for more spin friendly string.
But I do not know which string position is better for more spin: main position for Luxilon rough or cross position for the string?
In other words, if I use very spin friendly string (such as Luxilon rough), where should I string the Luxilon rough on main or cross?
What different is that when I use the rough on the main and when I use the rough on the cross?

I usually use Hybrid, poly and natural.

nadalfan4life
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
you usually use a softer string on the cross (not a poly) unless you fullbed which I like to do.

DNA2002
01-18-2010, 02:15 PM
you usually use a softer string on the cross (not a poly) unless you fullbed which I like to do.

I used to use Gut for main and Poly for cross.
But another back up racket is poly for main and multi for cross.
And I am using Babolat pure storm tour GT.
Thank you

davidahenry
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
If you have fast racquet head speed on your strokes, then I encourage you to try a full bed of Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Rough. I've been using it (full bed) for close to a year and a half, and I absolutely love it. I get a ton of spin/action on the ball with it.

Since you are looking for a spin-friendly string, you owe it to yourself to at least try this once. You may never look back. :-)

Take care.

DH

nadalfan4life
01-18-2010, 09:33 PM
If you have fast racquet head speed on your strokes, then I encourage you to try a full bed of Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power Rough. I've been using it (full bed) for close to a year and a half, and I absolutely love it. I get a ton of spin/action on the ball with it.

Since you are looking for a spin-friendly string, you owe it to yourself to at least try this once. You may never look back. :-)

Take care.

DH

I agree. If you are looking for spin you are probably better off with a full bed. At least thats how it was for me