PDA

View Full Version : blisters on my hand, what to do?!

prattle128
01-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I reopened a blister on my hand while playing last night, and it stings a lot. Any and all shots involved a lot of pain in my right hand from the grip rubbing on the tender part of hand. I was wondering what you guys do when you get blisters. Besides not playing, is there a certain kind of tape that you guys go out and buy to give yourself some protection or what?

Thanks.

MAX PLY
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately you pretty much have to tough it out. You can try coating it with New Skin and using athletic tape. You can also try a glove for a couple of days. The most important thing is to keep it clean so you don't develop an infection and work on developing a callus. Sorry but good luck in the healing.

Green374
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
My method is very different. First you need a sewing needle, a thread, a blister block, a band aid, and a towel. This method is used by my dad when he mountain climbs. First, take the sewing needle and the thread. You stick the thread into the hole. Next, you take the sewing needle with the thread and stick it through the blister. Keep it going till the needle is out of the blister. Then, you cut the thread and now you have to take the fluid out. You need to push at it to get it out. I know it hurts but it helps you get better. After you get the fluid out, you put on the band aid and that is it. Till the next day, you take off the band aid and the thread. Finally, you put on the blister block. You have to put on the blister block for about a week. It really depends if it is bad. If it is bad then put on the block for like 2 weeks. That is it!

BigT
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Gotta keep some super glue in your bag, it'll save you matches.

Larrysümmers
01-18-2010, 08:40 PM
My method is very different. First you need a sewing needle, a thread, a blister block, a band aid, and a towel. This method is used by my dad when he mountain climbs. First, take the sewing needle and the thread. You stick the thread into the hole. Next, you take the sewing needle with the thread and stick it through the blister. Keep it going till the needle is out of the blister. Then, you cut the thread and now you have to take the fluid out. You need to push at it to get it out. I know it hurts but it helps you get better. After you get the fluid out, you put on the band aid and that is it. Till the next day, you take off the band aid and the thread. Finally, you put on the blister block. You have to put on the blister block for about a week. It really depends if it is bad. If it is bad then put on the block for like 2 weeks. That is it!

oh god that just screams OUCHHH

Green374
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM

It does hurt but it helps you get better!

mike53
01-20-2010, 07:33 AM
I reopened a blister on my hand while playing last night, and it stings a lot. ... I was wondering what you guys do when you get blisters. Besides not playing, is there a certain kind of tape that you guys go out and buy to give yourself some protection or what?

Black plastic (not cloth) electrical tape, new-skin, bandaids

larry10s
01-20-2010, 07:34 AM

you have to be tough to mountain climb. lol

dberke
01-20-2010, 07:57 AM
I get blisters at the base of my palm sometimes and I've found that if I put a strip of moleskin (sort of feels like a felt with a very sticky back) and then wrap some waterproof tape around it, I can play without any pain. Then, when I get home, I put a layer of NewSkin over it and it heals very well.

You can get the moleskin at any drug store usually in the foot care section. The waterproof tape is near the standard athletic tape. The waterproof tape is a light tan color and it stretchier than white athletic tape.

I've tried all sorts of band-aids and tape and the above solution works great for me. In fact, now if I get a blister, it's just not a big deal I can play without pain with the above solution.

jrod
01-20-2010, 08:00 AM
You can also wear a golfer's glove...thinner the better. Works like a charm.

r2473
01-20-2010, 01:51 PM
blisters on my hand, what to do?!

Find a girlfriend.