PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new 2010 Tourna Grip TV Commercial?

Tournagrip
01-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm a huge fan of Tourna Grip! The new commercial is showing on the Tennis Channel during the Aussie Open.

Click the link on Youtube to see the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECiJF6tukF0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECiJF6tukF0)

What do you think?

http://tournagrip.co.za/images/tourna_grip_2010_bryans_com.gif

Savage
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Love the Bryans!!! Kick butt in the Aussie Open!!!

Nanshiki
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
They've found a nice spot between giving their honest opinion/telling the truth, and towing the company line. So it's not bad.

featherlight
01-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Since when did they use sunglasses

zasr4325
01-19-2010, 05:46 AM
This advert was probably filmed a while back, as the bryans signed with k Swiss didn't they? Would that be construed as breach of contract if it's being shown now?

matchace
01-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Respect the Bros. They are cool dudes. You don't see them wiping their hands on their shorts due to slippery white grip. Kick *** Mike and Bob.

Tournagrip
01-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Would be a nice touch to see them play with sunglasses in their next match! Guess if you are #1 in the world....you can do pretty much anything you want and the rest will follow! Go Bryans!!!

MAX PLY
01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
This advert was probably filmed a while back, as the bryans signed with k Swiss didn't they? Would that be construed as breach of contract if it's being shown now?

Only if they had a terrible lawyer negotiating their deal. Typically, prior existing imaging would not be subject to current contractual restrictions for endorsements. Besides, I suspect that the images in the TournaGrip commerical are owned by Unique Sports Products, not the Bryans (it would be typical for the Bryans to assign rights to those images for the purpose used) and Unique could not possibly breach the Bryans' contract with K-Swiss. I am also pretty sure that K-Swiss knew about pre-existing images and other endorsement deals when they signed the Bryans.

Oh, and I liked the commerical.

zasr4325
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Only if they had a terrible lawyer negotiating their deal. Typically, prior existing imaging would not be subject to current contractual restrictions for endorsements. Besides, I suspect that the images in the TournaGrip commerical are owned by Unique Sports Products, not the Bryans (it would be typical for the Bryans to assign rights to those images for the purpose used) and Unique could not possibly breach the Bryans' contract with K-Swiss. I am also pretty sure that K-Swiss knew about pre-existing images and other endorsement deals when they signed the Bryans.

Oh, and I liked the commerical.

Oh, right. 
commercial was pretty good, but what's different about the tournagrip now then? Is it just a new advert or have they changed something about the grip

OliverSimon
01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
They are wearing Adidas@

viktorkwan
01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Since when did they use sunglasses

don't think I've seen them playing matches with sunnies, but they often do during practice sessions...

Either they are sponsored (i.e. paid) by Oakley or they get their Oakley sunnies and watches for free...

Green374
01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Their sunglasses! Now hands down!

Anderson9127
01-19-2010, 09:58 PM
thats so lame XDD that makes me laugh sorry b bro's XD

GeorgeLucas
01-20-2010, 03:25 AM
this commercial makes me feel shame

jelle v
01-20-2010, 06:50 AM
It does slip however doesnt it? Very much in my opinion..

DrpShot!
01-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Pretty solid commerical. And yes, I think they are sponsored by Oakley.

Nanshiki
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Tournagrip only slips when you have super sweat hands and you do something stupid like try to smash a ball that's below your arm and sling the racquet into the ground, but if you've got hand sweat a Wilson Pro or Supergrap is going to be ever worse. The combination of momentum + gravity means you will let go of the racquet... But you won't if you do a good smash because gravity isn't affecting your grip too. I broke a really nice Head Radical Tour OS Twintube that way.

It's still the most absorbent overgrip, bar none. Consider yourself lucky if your hands are dry enough to use Wilson Pro...

OliverSimon
01-20-2010, 02:40 PM

It sure does slip.

Lefty5
01-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I saw this commercial then as I was watching tennis that evening I really notcied all the players using white grips that have to constantly wipe and blow on their hands before each point. You don't have to do that nearly as much with tourna grip. No wonder Tourna is so widely used on tour... and yes... great commercial!

GeorgeLucas
01-22-2010, 09:43 AM

are you hard of hearing? the bryan brothers clearly say it DOES NOT SLIP

Cup8489
01-22-2010, 09:55 AM
It sure does slip.

not if u change it when it's worn out..and by worn out i dont mean the outer layer tearing b/c of moisture, i mean when it's a GOOD time to change, after it's absorbed quite a bit but not yet falling apart.

As long as you change it at appropriate times, it does the job, for sure. Stop being so cheap everyone! we have sweaty hands, we can't afford to be cheap!

Lefty5
01-24-2010, 07:45 AM
not if u change it when it's worn out..and by worn out i dont mean the outer layer tearing b/c of moisture, i mean when it's a GOOD time to change, after it's absorbed quite a bit but not yet falling apart.

As long as you change it at appropriate times, it does the job, for sure. Stop being so cheap everyone! we have sweaty hands, we can't afford to be cheap!

i agree that just because you see a tear, doesn't mean its time to change. If you look at the pro's, sometimes they a playing with it while its fraying...