PDA

View Full Version : Problem stringing Kobra Tour

Mazilla2219
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Alright guys need some help/ideas. I started to re-string a Kobra Tour, but when I went to mount the racquet on my Revo, the top inside mount at 12 o'clock doesn't fit in between the grommets. It looks like the grommet holes that make up the middle two mains are too narrow for the mount to fit in between. Has anyone faced this problem, if so what did you do? I was thinking about folding a business card up enough so that it would fit in between the frame and the plastic part of the mount, but was concern that it wouldn't provide enough support. I was also wondering if Alpha made smaller plastic add-ons to replacement the ones on the mount currently.

tlm
01-18-2010, 06:46 PM
It is a pain with the small gap between the top grommets, this was a stupid design. My gamma has a big selection of different size inserts to make it work.

But i use as thick as i can get away with so as not to put so much pressure on the racket in such a small area. I heard that there is some kind of a H shaped adapter that was available for some stringing machines in the past that would work.

Virtua Tennis
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
I do think your machines comes with the necessary plastic adapters to make it fit.

If you lost those pieces or threw them out. I would use a lollipop stick or something of that size that would fit snug in between the two grommet holes.

old coach
01-19-2010, 08:42 AM
How about to give Alpha a call. They should be able to help. Your frame is similar frame to Babolat APD and some others as well.