PDA

View Full Version : Murray new racket weight

No Drop Shots
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
After his last match he talked about how he had finished with his girlfriend Kim, changed sponsors and had a different schedule pre AO and that he had changed his racket weight. Anyone know any details? He has historically used a very heavy racket and so wondered if it now had less weight to it or has he made it even heavier???

DNShade
01-19-2010, 01:08 AM
That would be a question for Ron at P1 (RJYU) who posts here. He actually just posted today regarding Andy's string of choice. He probably won't be able to give to much details but maybe he can confirm this and let you know what way (heavier or lighter) Andy has gone.

Dave M
01-19-2010, 01:13 AM
After his last match he talked about how he had finished with his girlfriend Kim, changed sponsors and had a different schedule pre AO and that he had changed his racket weight. Anyone know any details? He has historically used a very heavy racket and so wondered if it now had less weight to it or has he made it even heavier???

When he injured his wrist he came back with a i think lighter but certainly more head light frame.He said in his interview he's added some lead to the head now to take it closer to what he used to play.

baseline_monster
01-19-2010, 02:33 AM
When he injured his wrist he came back with a i think lighter but certainly more head light frame.He said in his interview he's added some lead to the head now to take it closer to what he used to play.

Yeah I remember that, when he came back Greg Resedski was talking about how he changed the weight and went more headlight. They were saying he should have dropped the weight but kept the same balance. However he did do pretty well in the last few years so.......!