PDA

View Full Version : Late Breaking News .. Due 3rd quater of 2005!!!

Flatspin
04-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes ....... I heard from reliable sources, Head Marketing div., that by crossing the genes from different frames and their best attributes .... that a new frame will be available for demo. Pre-released as the WilKennex FlexMetal Mini-Midplus! Heard that the frames will make a 3.0 level player a 5.0 within 30 days. May be recharged at night to fully charge the energy of the intelli-fibers. A must have!!!

Goldberg
04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Does that also come in a mid too>? ;)

doriancito
04-25-2005, 06:39 PM
HUH??? what is this a racquet? or what cause it says that it can eb recharged at night? what brand is this new frame going to be?

darkavgr
04-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Does it run on Li-on batteries ala cellphones?
Has it got a USB port or Bluetooth to sync with a laptop to download
stroke statistics?

raftermania
04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Nice gag, but the intelli-fibers in the old heads didn't require recharging!

loubapache
04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Does that also come in a mid too>? ;)

It comes in an Oversized Mid. The head size is only 85 SI but, via Head's revolutionaly LiquidFlex technology, it has as large of a sweatspot as a 135 SI head racquet. Outside the 85 SI area, the rest of the 135 - 85 = 50 SI are all holes.

Dopke
04-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Source? :D

tennisally
04-25-2005, 07:45 PM
And to track the ball better--- GPS is opt. I've also heard that a two-headed racquet is on the drawing board--for near perfect net play. Aero-Pro-paddle midship and overboard.

brian.sat
04-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't want to pay for an XP, does it run on Linux?

SocalTennis
04-25-2005, 09:34 PM
You don't even have to be on court, you can control it by using joy stick and monitor it on the TV screen...what a great technology...

nytennisplayer
04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
robots playing tennis?

Nyl
04-25-2005, 11:03 PM
funny......... not

Coda
04-25-2005, 11:08 PM
are the strings going to be made out of force fields so they never break? If not, there's not use in playing tennis anymore and we should all just enter our playing data in a computer, simulate the match and just sit on the couch all day!

kevin
04-25-2005, 11:35 PM
no force fields, but the string tensions are adjustable, with a twist of the 2 dials (main and cross) located at the handle butt.

Zverev
04-26-2005, 12:33 AM
I don't want to pay for an XP, does it run on Linux?
You need a good firewall, so it wouldn't catch any viruses in the locker room.

TennisD
04-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes ....... I heard from reliable sources, Head Marketing div., that by crossing the genes from different frames and their best attributes .... that a new frame will be available for demo. Pre-released as the WilKennex FlexMetal Mini-Midplus! Heard that the frames will make a 3.0 level player a 5.0 within 30 days. May be recharged at night to fully charge the energy of the intelli-fibers. A must have!!!
How amazingly (un)funny! Kind of like your username! I imagine you are one of those people who try far too hard to be funny in real life, and subsequently fail...

Gaines Hillix
04-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Kind of reminds me of an old Wizard of ID comic strip....the King's Jester, who also was his caddy, bought him a new SuperTurboHyperGalacticTitanium driver and they went out to the course to play. The King teed the ball up on the first hole and took a tremendous whack at it. After much searching, the ball was spotted deep in the woods on the right side of the fairway. The Jester yelled out, "Here it is, oh great one. Nice shot, you're further in than ever."

AAAA
04-26-2005, 04:20 PM
In the news section on the Fischer website there is talk of some tour player using the new magnetic speed racquets in a tournament.

Flatspin
04-26-2005, 04:30 PM
How amazingly (un)funny! Kind of like your username! I imagine you are one of those people who try far too hard to be funny in real life, and subsequently fail...

Tennis D ... I was simply poking fun at the gimmicks and B.S that racquet manufacturers use to market. You seem to make it personal. Hmmmmm .... let me see ....... I'd guess you were the one always left out ....... picked on in school ........ strikes out if frustration while hiding behind the computer! What a contribution!

raftermania
04-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Don't worry about him man, some dudes just got pickles up their .....

Exile
04-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Actually, for explosive power, Babolat is adding nitro and C4 to the throat of their new NitroProTour Drive Plus rackets, there seems to be a switch on the butt for serving a real "bomb".

Lamest idea ever, but that recharging thing was pretty funny.

Nikeman0092
04-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Haha, I enjoyed that post.

anirut
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
And Wilson will soon come up with the newest in technology -- the Wilson ProSTALK. The racket will be so advanced in AI with a miniature CRAY-powered CPU built into the frame fibers, utilizing pico technology. So powerful and advanced that even a 2.0 player can compete with a 7.0. The player wouldn't need to do anything more than holding tight onto the STALK. The racket will move the player into position and execute all the right and proper strokes.

Charging batteries ... no need. Just shake it up and down in vertical position for a while and the racket will full-fill itself.

yvp
04-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Someone's drunk

montx
05-03-2005, 01:36 AM
I heard it has the microchip of the head protector as well.

matchpoints
05-03-2005, 08:02 AM
For people that can't afford it or refuse to pay full price, there will be bootleg versions coming out shortly after ;)

TennisD
05-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Tennis D ... I was simply poking fun at the gimmicks and B.S that racquet manufacturers use to market. You seem to make it personal. Hmmmmm .... let me see ....... I'd guess you were the one always left out ....... picked on in school ........ strikes out if frustration while hiding behind the computer! What a contribution!
How do you know they are gimmicks and BS? Do you work for Head? I bet not. Sure, I use a painted PC, but that's not the point. Have some respect for people doing their damned jobs, rather than making fun of them over the internet. I don't see you doing anything positive for anyone.

Me? Picked on? Left out? Hahahaha, wow, how amazingly bland and typical. Hahaha, sorry friend, but I'm a semi-professional athlete, and when I do get on the internet once in a while, I don't want to sort through your crap to read something useful or interesting.

Flatspin
05-03-2005, 05:57 PM
TennisD ..... don't cry. I promise not to pick on you anymore! Sad ...very sad!!!

supersmash
05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
i'm gonna get george lucas to autograph mine..