PDA

View Full Version : pacific nat gut

doubless
01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
what is your opinion on this companys natural gut?

gameboy
01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I have tested Pacific Classic, Klip Legend, Babolat VS, Babolat Tonic, and Gaucho over the last 3 months or so.

I would put Pacific Classic towards the bottom of that list. Feels stiff (compared to other gut) and it is hard to string.

Love50
01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
what is your opinion on this companys natural gut?

There have been some recent threads on this... please see those.

It's a top-tier gut from a quality perspective. It's different from Babolat and Klip offerings, so whether you personally like it or not will be up to you. If you're looking to try them some, I would suggest Prime or Tough as a first impression rather than Classic. Some folks are ok with Classic and can benefit from the cost savings but I didn't like it (but like Prime & Tough).

Carlito
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
There have been some recent threads on this... please see those.

It's a top-tier gut from a quality perspective. It's different from Babolat and Klip offerings, so whether you personally like it or not will be up to you. If you're looking to try them some, I would suggest Prime or Tough as a first impression rather than Classic. Some folks are ok with Classic and can benefit from the cost savings but I didn't like it (but like Prime & Tough).

I think its really good. I use the classic 17. RSI has classic 17 rated as the softest string. It sure feels that way. I don't really have anything bad to say about it except one time I got a pack where the guaging was inconsistent. There was a section on the string that was soo thick it barely got through the grommets. But that was only one time.

SlapShot
01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
I use the Classic Gut, and have previously used their Tough Gut, as well as VS, Klip Legend, and BDE.

I feel that Pacific is lower powered than VS (similar to Klip), but is more responsive feeling than Klip (but not as responsive as VS). BDE feels closer to Babolat IME, with more spring and "give". I prefer a bit crisper feel, which is why I use the Pacific - it's a great blend of crisp, firm feel with the touch of gut.

JT_2eighty
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I use the Classic Gut, and have previously used their Tough Gut, as well as VS, Klip Legend, and BDE.

I feel that Pacific is lower powered than VS (similar to Klip), but is more responsive feeling than Klip (but not as responsive as VS). BDE feels closer to Babolat IME, with more spring and "give". I prefer a bit crisper feel, which is why I use the Pacific - it's a great blend of crisp, firm feel with the touch of gut.

I've used BDE, VS, and Pacific Tough. I agree with slapshot, so if you want the pocketing effect of gut, but prefer a more crisp feel, Pacific is your answer. I'm somewhere in the middle and use VS mains with Pacific Tough cross, which gives me the best of these two great guts, as VS does have better durability than the ToughGut at least in my limited trials, plus they sell the Tough in half sets which saves me time measuring and less handling of string. I've had no problems stringing Pacific tough, it has a nice coating that makes it smooth as butter to string IMO.