PDA

View Full Version : String choices for customers?

LanEvo
01-19-2010, 08:00 PM
hey guys, what else should i give customers? I plan on ordering a reel of Forten Nylon for $16.99 and something else? but idk what. The stirng will be used for $10 stirngjobs, string included. I wanna either do a full job of this string or a hybrid for them, but something not too expensive, because I am already stocked for string that I plan to charge more on. I just cannot find something for the $10 range stringjob. Any suggestions?

DownTheLine
01-19-2010, 08:03 PM
OG Sheep Micro

Go to the string finder click on Low Cost strings and you'll find alot of different strings.

tennisINmyBLOOD
01-19-2010, 08:10 PM
+1 For Gosen OG Sheep Micro. Get the 17 gauge.

The guy who used to string rackets for me said all of his customers loved OG Sheep... he used it for crosses as well as full beds and never got any negative feedback. It's a steal too... at about $2 dollars per set, you can string 16 full sets.

MSV Focus Hex comes out to about $5 per set in a reel... good deal for a poly. Could possibly charge $15 for poly? Still a steal... at my shop, basic synthetic gut is $16!

Jonny S&V
01-19-2010, 08:19 PM
hey guys, what else should i give customers? I plan on ordering a reel of Gosen Nylon for $16.99 and something else? but idk what. The stirng will be used for $10 stirngjobs, string included. I wanna either do a full job of this string or a hybrid for them, but something not too expensive, because I am already stocked for string that I plan to charge more on. I just cannot find something for the $10 range stringjob. Any suggestions?

Gosen OG Micro, Technifibre Syn. Gut, Gosen Polylon, Isospeed Baseline, Forten Nylon, and many more. :-)

Nexus
01-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Maybe buy some bulk packs of overgrips or something. Give them a deal like "if you refer someone to me you get a free overgrip with your next stringing" or "every few string jobs you get a free one" or something.

Technifiber poly spin is a fair priced string. I bought a reel back when it was 40 bucks. Now I think it is 50. The reel will string about 16.5 rackets so for 50 bucks that's $3.03 a string job, not including the tax or shipping you'll pay on it. Good deal, really. And the string is super shiny/reflective. It also looks cool when you string a hybrid of the Forten nylon black with it. Looks all halloweenish.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking do you string just out of your house? That's what I'm trying to do, but I have trouble getting clients. I think part of the problem is that I really only string for some people I play with and the weather has been bad where I'm at so no one is hitting or breaking strings right now. I need to make some fliers, but other than that, any advice? What I usually charge is $10 plus the cost of string. Or just $10 and they supply their own string.

TennisNinja
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
You could also do some cheaper multis like Multifeel.

LanEvo
01-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe buy some bulk packs of overgrips or something. Give them a deal like "if you refer someone to me you get a free overgrip with your next stringing" or "every few string jobs you get a free one" or something.

Technifiber poly spin is a fair priced string. I bought a reel back when it was 40 bucks. Now I think it is 50. The reel will string about 16.5 rackets so for 50 bucks that's $3.03 a string job, not including the tax or shipping you'll pay on it. Good deal, really. And the string is super shiny/reflective. It also looks cool when you string a hybrid of the Forten nylon black with it. Looks all halloweenish.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking do you string just out of your house? That's what I'm trying to do, but I have trouble getting clients. I think part of the problem is that I really only string for some people I play with and the weather has been bad where I'm at so no one is hitting or breaking strings right now. I need to make some fliers, but other than that, any advice? What I usually charge is $10 plus the cost of string. Or just $10 and they supply their own string.

hey, yea im doing it out of my own house, I do it for the school tennis team, as well post on craigslist, but for me I'm doing $10 with string (cheaper stuff), $15 for a higher brand of string poly/some multi hybrid, $20 for a full higher-end job, wanna keep it simple u know, u know word gets our faster than fliers, I'd go around to courts and tell some players that you can string for them, also im considering that Polyspin bc its only $30bucks a reel of 660" shipped, then maybe a reel of the Forten nylon or something

zomg_rofl
01-20-2010, 02:25 AM
i bought 12 set of pro hurricane tour for my customers i charged 15 per job with the strings

LanEvo
01-20-2010, 04:46 PM
i bought 12 set of pro hurricane tour for my customers i charged 15 per job with the strings

id be ur customer for that

DownTheLine
01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

$1.05 for all that work?

jim e
01-20-2010, 05:41 PM

So you charge $15.00 for Pro Hurricane Tour with the strings. TW sells it for $14.95/set.
Your time to string a racquet is worth a nickel?
How do you get away with that very high rate!

Lakers4Life
01-21-2010, 12:27 AM

That's a fair price, depending on where you live and how many tennis players in your area. You can get business cards made for about $20 or free at some places. Give them to all your clients and have them spread the word. Good work always gets great referrals. Also try advertising in Craigslist, I get at least one call a week from my Craiglist ad.

zomg_rofl
01-22-2010, 01:46 AM
So you charge $15.00 for Pro Hurricane Tour with the strings. TW sells it for $14.95/set.
Your time to string a racquet is worth a nickel?
How do you get away with that very high rate!

well im geting the strings of the bay 12 a set

armsty
01-22-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm in Aus, so prices are different but I carry

Forten Comp Nylon (yellow and white)
Tecnifiber Syn Gut
Prince Syn Gut w/ duraflex

They're the main ones. I have the odd set of other string around... not too many though. I use the large Aussie tennis dealer and tell my customers any string off their site + labour and I'll pay for shipping... I also give out a free overgrip with every 3rd stringjob

Standupnfall
01-22-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm in NY so prices for everything are higher here. I charge $16 labor on top of string price and eat the shipping if there is any.

I give a free racquet cleaning and overgrip with any service (3 minutes and $1 investment per job)

Once I invest in some stencils and more ink (only have Wilson for myself and others right now) I will provide that too.

Great service and stringing results will be what keeps people coming back. Not saving $2 by offering the cheapest possible string all the time.

Check out Drakulie's thoughts on service. Or BigT's or my website for some other ideas on how to add value to your service and not just drop you pants and string for $2 labor. istringit.webs.com

I work for a wine website and I take our mission seriously and it works. We don't strive for the lowest possible price, we look to offer the best possible wine for a reasonable price and make sure we don't sell anything of poor or average quality. Our customers trust our expertise and are willing to pay a small amount more to ensure a great experience.

Value, Value, Value!