PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on grip size for HEAD Prestige Tour & LM Prestige.

Alex
04-25-2005, 07:34 PM
To all Head Prestige Tour (w/ suspension grip) users,

I would like some comment from you all.

I recently bought a HEAD Prestige Tour (w/ suspension grip), this racquet is a beauty and love the flex. I'm thinking gettting a LM Prestige Mid. So hear are my questions..

Comparing grip size on Head Prestige Tour (w/ suspension grip) and LM Prestige at 4 5/8 grip size. Are they the same?
I did a search and found out that many claim the grip on Prestige Tour (w/ suspension grip) is more squarish, like a Wilson grip, which i feel better on my palm.

So is it better to get a smaller grip like 4 1/2 than slowly build it up with over grip and modify to my liking? or better get a 4 5/8 to start modifying?

To all you HEAD Prestige Tour (w/ suspension grip), what grip size would you chose?

Please comment.

Many thanks in advance.

Alex
04-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys, double posted.
TW, Please delete this post. Thanks.

carTW
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
My experience with the Head grips is that the 4-1/2 is the most rectangular one. The 4-5/8 is a bit more squarish, although not as squarish as a Wilson grip. Also the 4-5/8 does not feel as big as a Wilson 4-5/8 in my opinion.

OnyxZ28
04-25-2005, 09:46 PM
^^ what he said. my Prestige Tour's 4 5/8 has the largest grip of all my Prestiges, with the exception of the Prestige Pro. The rest are closer to a 4 1/2 -- I would start with a 5/8 on the LM.

Ray Wong
04-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I have one L3 PT and one L3 LM prestige, I think the grip shape of Prestige Tour is more squarish and a bit bigger.

Alex
04-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Dear all, Many thanks on the feedbacks. I guess it is better to go for 4 5/8 grip size and slowly build it up. Since HEAD's grip size at 4 5/8 grip size is relatively small compare to Wilson's and Prince's grip.

leog
04-26-2005, 12:43 AM
My 1HBH hated the rectangle grip on my LM Prestige MP, and I finally had enough of it today and having already added lots of electrical tape to the long sides of the rectangular grip, sanded down the thin sides. I haven't hit with it yet (will tomorrow), but the few practice swings I've taken have felt great! Head needs to step into modern times and make a grip shape that fits in a person's hands when they take a normal swing!