PDA

View Full Version : i play with a modern racket now but i kinda miss the old wood rackets!!!!

jimanuel12
01-20-2010, 12:31 PM
i played with the old wood jack krammer pro racket, my first racket until i could afford a jack krammer autograph.
then on the wilson T-2000 and 3000, then back to the wilson jack krammer autograph.
finally several years ago, i went to a head mid size.
then made the terrible mistake of going to the wilson hyper hammer, TE like you would not believe.
now a kennex 5G or a fischer pro 105.
still love the old woodies but they are just too small headsize and too heavy for me now.
i am afraid if i brought one out now, i would be laughed off the courts.
i guess i could put on my knee high socks, my canvas tennis shoes and my short white pants with the wilson wood racket and everything would be fine, just like it was 1979 again.
oh - those were the years!!!!!

jimbo333
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
How did you get on with the T2000 and T3000?

Most people found them almost impossible to use!

There was one major exception obviously:)

vwfye
01-20-2010, 12:59 PM
i actually enjoy using my t2000 other than on server receive. volleys are nice, serving is very good and groundies are even fine. but it kills me to try and return heavy spin with it.

jimanuel12
01-21-2010, 05:24 AM
How did you get on with the T2000 and T3000?

Most people found them almost impossible to use!

There was one major exception obviously:)

they sucked really, the sweet spot was so small. i used them for a couple of years and went back to the old woodies.
stayed with them until the late 80's and went with the wilson mid size then to a head mid size.