PDA

View Full Version : My fitness update

timokabo
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Hello all,
Its been awhile since i have made a post on here due to hihatus and thought id make an update on my fitness.i started out at 293 lbs last summer and as of today i am at 268.5 lbs and can finally do real pushups again :). i still have a decent amount of weight to still lose but i think i have done farely good so far.

take care,
timokabo

charliefedererer
01-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Congratulations on your progress.
Keep it up!

timokabo
01-21-2010, 05:03 AM
thanks. my short term goal is to get down to 250 by may for usta season and final goal is to get down to 215 by end of the year. i just hope i dont have another injury again since last winter i had a stage 3 muscle tear in my lower back and it layed me up till almost summer

charliefedererer
01-22-2010, 08:35 AM
It sounds like a sensible plan.
The key is to realize you want to develop a healthy diet that you will enjoy eating for the rest of your life. Fad diets inevitably lead to a yo-yo effect of immediate weight gain as soon as you go off them.
Tennis helps both burn off the calories and is a "carrot on a stick" to motivate us to get in shape, and stay in shape. Adding in more conditioning work of the legs, core (back and abdominals) and upper extremity work all help prevent the all-to-common injuries tennis players incur.
How's the cross country skiing/ snowshoeing up in Saint Clair?

johndagolfer
01-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Congratz on the weight loss!!!

I too have lost quite a bit of weight. End of October I weight 268. Now I am down to 240.

Has yours been working out a lot? Diet? A combination of both? I have been working out in the gym 6 days a week 2 hours a day.

I really wish I could eat more sensibly. I just love my food! I would probably be down to 220 if I didn't each so much!

Anyways let's keep it up!

timokabo
01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Congratz on the weight loss!!!

I too have lost quite a bit of weight. End of October I weight 268. Now I am down to 240.

Has yours been working out a lot? Diet? A combination of both? I have been working out in the gym 6 days a week 2 hours a day.

I really wish I could eat more sensibly. I just love my food! I would probably be down to 220 if I didn't each so much!

Anyways let's keep it up!

congrats on your loss so far. i work out 4-6 days aweek depending on my work schedule but when i go to gym i mean business for the 1-2 hrs im in there. i feel you on the diet thing i love home cooked food from my mom too much lol, i think i finally got a feaseable eating system set up now with eating a 300 cal breakfest then a 90-150 cal small meal/snack every 3-4 hrs untill dinner.

timokabo
01-22-2010, 01:50 PM
It sounds like a sensible plan.
The key is to realize you want to develop a healthy diet that you will enjoy eating for the rest of your life. Fad diets inevitably lead to a yo-yo effect of immediate weight gain as soon as you go off them.
Tennis helps both burn off the calories and is a "carrot on a stick" to motivate us to get in shape, and stay in shape. Adding in more conditioning work of the legs, core (back and abdominals) and upper extremity work all help prevent the all-to-common injuries tennis players incur.
How's the cross country skiing/ snowshoeing up in Saint Clair?

spoken like a true champ, i don not believe in fad diets at all since they dont work. i lift 3 days aweek and do 2-3 good endurance/speed cardio sessions and treat my self to tennis on fridays since thats all i can budget for indoor tennis. there actually has been no real snow to speak of yet lol only about 1-2 inches a few weeks ago here. the lakes have yet to even freeze

timokabo
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
went to gym this morning and did weigh in and i weighed 272 lbs. seems like my weight flucates alot daily as of late. i can tell my improved fitness though since when i hit on friday i made a 4.5 lvl player retire in 3rd set since i ran him into the ground for 2.5 hrs. he seemed ****ed to retire since i am alot heavier than him and a 3.5 lvl player due to consistancy probs

timokabo
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
just got back from the gym and did body fat test today and i have lost 6.8 % body fat since sept of last year. also i have been playing tennis more often and have been beating uper level high school singles players lately and most impressive feat is im getting to drop shots now lol