PDA

View Full Version : Venus's Dress

Kenny022593
01-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Is she wearing underwear... Or is it just the same color tone as her skin?

Fee
01-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes she is. It's the same color as the piece at the vneck of her dress, a shade of brown. Also, she's wearing 'boy shorts' style instead of bike shorts style and they are really riding up on her. Combine the color and the style and it looks like she has nothing on, unfortunately.

hcb0804
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
What logo has she got covered up on the back with a big black patch?? watching her play Li Na now and she has the 11 thing on the front "chest" and a large black patch covering something on the back of the dress- maybe the dress is really some other company's and venus is trying to claim the design for her own?? Hmmmmmmmm.:confused:

Fee
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
It might be against WTA rules to have a logo patch on the back of your dress. I think they are limited to a certain size. I'm sure it's in their rulebook if you want to look it up on the WTA website.

Ronaldo
01-26-2010, 06:46 PM
No more SteveandBarry logo?

viktorkwan
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Disgusting

Fee
01-26-2010, 07:22 PM
No more SteveandBarry logo?

She never had a Steve and Barry logo, it was always the EleVen logo and it still is. It's on the front of her dress, but she had to cover the logo on the back for some reason and I think it was something in the rule book.

Anyhoo, the thing I'm most curious about and have not been able to find an answer to after just a bit of online research, is how is Venus wearing clothes from a bankrupt company that does not exist anymore? I think she bought the company or the rights to the name or something, but I can't find anything that explains it online.

Hidious
01-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Disgusting
I was just going to mention shivers of disgust and stuff.

hcb0804
01-27-2010, 03:47 AM
I was just going to mention shivers of disgust and stuff.

I'm just glad she got beat so I don't have to look at her hideous inappropriate outfit anymore. The WTA should have banned the outfit, but they have no balls when it comes to the Williams sistahs, 'cause that would be "racist". Buh bye Venus- can't wait until you retire because women's pro tennis will be a better place with no Williams sistahs in it!!:)

Fee
01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
There was nothing wrong with Venus' dress at all, the problem was the shorts she wore underneath it. The dress itself is actually one of the nicest she has ever worn.

servevolley
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Venus was also wearing her customary HAIR HAT!!! aka wig.

she's bald under the hair hat.

fantom
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM

She did an interview on ESPN a few days ago and I couldn't believe how evident it was that she's bald (at least from her forehead to the top of her head). The wig was riding up really high.

I wonder what the deal is...

OliverSimon
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Venus is BALD?!

JStar7
01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Venus is BALD?!

No way. She's definitely not bald. She probably has her short hair wrapped in something like a stocking and then she puts the wig on. Have you ever seen someone take off a wig?

OliverSimon
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
No way. She's definitely not bald. She probably has her short hair wrapped in something like a stocking and then she puts the wig on. Have you ever seen someone take off a wig?

So she has hair extensions?

Kenny022593
01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe she is developing a disease and she has to have a wig. Maybe we should think about the posibilities?

PBODY99
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
The company is hers, Steve & Barry was the chain that sold it.

sureshs
01-27-2010, 03:03 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qum7tk.jpg

viktorkwan
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm just glad she got beat so I don't have to look at her hideous inappropriate outfit anymore. The WTA should have banned the outfit, but they have no balls when it comes to the Williams sistahs, 'cause that would be "racist". Buh bye Venus- can't wait until you retire because women's pro tennis will be a better place with no Williams sistahs in it!!:)

I can't agree more

Raidenx
01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Wearing wigs/weaves I believe is pretty common for african american women who are anything but bald....

fantom
01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't know if she's bald. I do know that in an interview, she definitely had some sort of wig on. Her hair was all down, she didn't have a hat, and there was a part in her hair. You could see shiny bald scalp from her eyebrows to damned near the top of her head.

Orion
01-27-2010, 06:45 PM
I have to laugh at some of the comments in this thread. Being an African-American male and being married to and having dated AA women. Maintaining hair is a PITA for black women. First you MUST have a relaxer (ie perm) to straighten the hair out. ANY moisture or humidity...read heat, sweat or rain KILLS the effects of the perm. I'll be the first to admit that given the amount of money the Sisters have earned, you would think they would maintain better hair. Often, they look beyond a bad hair day. But they have not been blessed with long hair or a good grain of hair. But I sympathize because I know the effort it takes for a black woman, especially an active black woman to keep their hair looking nice. Both of them have been wearing wigs regularly after the beads. I do recall seeing Venus more often than Serena without a wig.

hansolo
01-28-2010, 05:01 AM
This dress is absolutely horrible!!

precision2b
01-28-2010, 06:20 AM

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qum7tk.jpg

OMG!!!ARE YOU TRYING TO CAUSE PERMANENT EYE DAMAGE!!!! :shock:

malakas
01-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Wearing wigs/weaves I believe is pretty common for african american women who are anything but bald....

wow really???First time I hear this.

ronalditop
01-28-2010, 06:45 AM
wow really???First time I hear this.

OMG your avatar is hilarious!

servevolley
01-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Both Williams sisters have very little hair left. After the years of tight cornrows with beads and then the wigs on in the public view has damaged their hair follicles and now they have hardly any hair left. We never see them without wigs (hair hats) or extensions attached to the wig. Also, they ALWAYS have a hat, visor or headband otherwise the hair hat would fall off.

Lets get them to take off the hair hats!

Fee
01-30-2010, 10:46 AM

Yep, this is true. Black women who can afford it often use wigs, hair extensions, or weaves. Tyra Banks just did a big thing on her show where she said that's it, I'm not wearing a weave anymore! Then said she would still wear wigs from time to time. Oprah might not be using wigs/weaves since she has a personal stylist that does her hair every day of her life just about. Beyonce regularly wears weaves/wigs (how do you think she can change hairstyles 3 times in one awards show?).

I know Serena used weaves for a while, but they can be hard to maintain when you are on the road a lot, so I think she gave up and went to wigs, but I'm not sure. Venus pretty much wears wigs, and she should go back to a style with bangs. She looks much cuter that way.

hcb0804
01-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Yep, this is true. Black women who can afford it often use wigs, hair extensions, or weaves. Tyra Banks just did a big thing on her show where she said that's it, I'm not wearing a weave anymore! Then said she would still wear wigs from time to time. Oprah might not be using wigs/weaves since she has a personal stylist that does her hair every day of her life just about. Beyonce regularly wears weaves/wigs (how do you think she can change hairstyles 3 times in one awards show?).

I know Serena used weaves for a while, but they can be hard to maintain when you are on the road a lot, so I think she gave up and went to wigs, but I'm not sure. Venus pretty much wears wigs, and she should go back to a style with bangs. She looks much cuter that way.

Venus? Cute??? You need your eyes examined. :shock:Venus and Serena are FUGLY no matter what they try to do to themselves with carpet and paint.

JoelDali
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Venus? Cute??? You need your eyes examined. :shock:Venus and Serena are FUGLY no matter what they try to do to themselves with carpet and paint.

Woah thats harsh.

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/kanye-West-patrick-swayze-death.jpg

Orion
01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Disgusting

Just curious if that would be your opinion if Sharapova or (God bless her game or lack thereof) Kournikova was wearing the same outfit??

Well too bad for you her "sistah" took it all!! :wink: Guess your WTA is off to a horrible start for 2010.

Like someone posted she had on a body colored shorts. Seems like the dress she wore actually allowed for a better range of movement than a traditional skirt with the high splits positioned mid thigh. Not sure on the regulation on logos on the back but I do recall Adidas having to change the design on their shirts in 06 because the design had 3 stripes going down the back. It's the shirt Agassi wore in the 05 US Open Final against Fed. I think there is a reg about logos on the back of attire and either a 2 or 3 inch limit to the to the size of logos on front and sleeves. I believe if the patch is text the regs are different.

Don't Let It Bounce
01-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I have to laugh at some of the comments in this thread. Being an African-American male and being married to and having dated AA women. Maintaining hair is a PITA for black women. First you MUST have a relaxer (ie perm) to straighten the hair out. ANY moisture or humidity...read heat, sweat or rain KILLS the effects of the perm. I'll be the first to admit that given the amount of money the Sisters have earned, you would think they would maintain better hair. Often, they look beyond a bad hair day. But they have not been blessed with long hair or a good grain of hair. But I sympathize because I know the effort it takes for a black woman, especially an active black woman to keep their hair looking nice. Both of them have been wearing wigs regularly after the beads. I do recall seeing Venus more often than Serena without a wig.Man... having to do that every day sounds like one of those punishments you get in the Ancient Greek hell. I already feel sorry for women in general for the work society expects them to do to be "presentable", and AA women get the additional burden of the standards of 'hair beauty' being skewed toward Asian and Caucasian hair. I'll take a higher risk of prostate cancer over the stuff girls have to deal with any old lifetime.

Venus? Cute??? You need your eyes examined. ... FUGLY ... [assorted crassness and id-vomit snipped]...Puppies and cartoon characters are cute. Venus is attractive. Nice cheekbones, expressive eyes, tall, slim, athletic, moves like a gazelle... we should all be so fugly. And we should all have mothers who teach us what to say, and not say, when we find a fellow human unattractive.

Gimmick
01-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Venus has the nicest posterior on the tour, no ifs, ands, or welll maybe buts.

There simply is not a better combination of long slender athletic legs and a feminine roundness to top it off.

I really can't see why people prefer little boys like demetieva whose overly muscular legs stretch clear to her back with no hips or bum, maybe there's plentious young men who kin to a woman who looks like they do in the mirror.

Federerx16
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM

She did an interview on ESPN a few days ago and I couldn't believe how evident it was that she's bald (at least from her forehead to the top of her head). The wig was riding up really high.

I wonder what the deal is...

Venus is BALD?!

This is an old thread but I'm so shocked and disgusted by the ignorance that is spread around this forum regarding black hair.

FYI, Venus is not bald. She wears weaves when she plays (i.e. her natural hair is plaited into corn rows to which a weave is sown into). I think she and her sister do this because it's simply more practical to have a weave than have to treat/keep your natural hair during grand slam tournaments with factors like heat and sweat occurring. Venus often keeps her natural hair (i.e. no weave/wig) when she is not playing and sometimes she wears them during tournaments such as these:

http://cdn.wn.com/pd/0b/06/f0740bec6e5294d276c754f8d86d_grande.jpg
2007 Fed Cup

http://mylt.ltcdn.com/files/images/WilliamsSisters.jpg
2008 Olympics

http://bahamaderek.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/venus-williams-beijing_2368459.jpg
2009 Beijing

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves by the comments you make.

Ronaldo
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Ain't no shame in their game

AkilKB
12-28-2010, 02:41 PM
this thread is amazing smdh