PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 player needs urgent help!!!

silent_death
04-25-2005, 11:53 PM
i'm a high school player and have recently got sponsor from yonex and i m now contemplating which racket to get??is RDX 500 mp a good choice for me???or should i not get any rackets but go for the head flexpoint radical tour??( i heard the radical is very good)

aj_m2009
04-25-2005, 11:55 PM
A little info about your playing style would help.

silent_death
04-26-2005, 12:01 AM
i use a semi western forehand double handed backhand...likes to come up to the net to volley...hits huge flat serve on first serve and slice serve on the 2nd

AndrewD
04-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Mate, firstly, if you've got sponsorship from Yonex why would you be wanting to use a Head racquet? Secondly, if you're good enough to get sponsored by a racquet company then you'll have access to coaches who are far more capable of advising you so why ask here?

silent_death
04-26-2005, 12:07 AM
firstly its my team that got the sponsorship...i can dont play with a yonex racket so long as most of my team mates are using it....thats y im contemplating of the flexpoint radical tour too

aj_m2009
04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
i use a semi western forehand double handed backhand...likes to come up to the net to volley...hits huge flat serve on first serve and slice serve on the 2nd

Ok, uhh... I've never played with the Radical but the RDX was pretty good. It has good spin potential so it should help with the slice serve(not so sure about the flat serve, didn't really try one with it), volleys weren't bad, and groundstrokes weren't bad either. Hope that helps in your decision.

AndrewD
04-26-2005, 12:18 AM
firstly its my team that got the sponsorship...i can dont play with a yonex racket so long as most of my team mates are using it....thats y im contemplating of the flexpoint radical tour too

I think you'd better have that verified by your coach and by the people offering the sponsorship. Cant imagine they're too thrilled to make the offer for only some to take it up, especially if its Yonex. Doesn't really seem like a ringing endorsement for the product.

Regardless, I think you should look beyond the RDXmp and the Head Flexpoint. Both fine racquets but there's a lot out there just as good if not better.

KOtennis
04-26-2005, 12:45 AM
umm...
how about trying both out? :)