PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stosur sunglasses

pablomeadus
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi
Sam Stosur was wearing what i think are oakleys in white today.But i'd like to know what model they are,and more importantly what lenses are the top players using?
I've looked on oakleys website and can't find any especially for tennis.
Thanks
Pablo.

pablomeadus
01-21-2010, 08:50 AM
here's her wearing them
thanks
Pablo

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/photos/2010-01-21/201001211264051836508.html

tennismsands
01-21-2010, 12:19 PM
thats what id really like to know also. I believe they are the XLJ half jacket or flak jacket, thats what most of the pros who wear sunglasses use. Not so sure about the lenses though

viktorkwan
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
nope it's not the Half Jacket XLJ nor the Flak Jacket

she's wearing the Enduring Edge...customised colours...

pablomeadus
01-22-2010, 01:11 AM
What would be the best lense oakley do for these glasses.
For sunny conditions with good yellow(so the ball is more visible), depth and perception?
I can only find lenses listed for golf or fishing(water glare) none for tennis.
I know bolle do sunnies for tennis(compevision lense),but i'm loving these Oakleys,just confused on the lense option.
If you buy them you do get two different lenses but i dont know which ones are the best for tennis?
Thanks
Pabs

viktorkwan
01-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi Pabs,

I've worn different Oakleys with the following lens tints:
1.) Black Iridium
2.) Ice Iridium
3.) Fire Iridium
4.) VR28 Black Iridium

I don't think Oakley has made any tennis-specific lens like what Bolle did.

But in terms of clarity for tennis, I find that VR28 Black Iridium would be the most suitable out of the above 4.

That's only my opinion. You should probably try different lens tints if possible and see which one you're most comfortable with.

raging
01-23-2010, 07:21 AM
for what it is worth...you can get Persimmon lenses, they are used for golf but also highlight the yellow ball. However not as much protection as the Black Iridium Polarized but you can change the lenses if you get lots of glare (hardcourts/sunny skies like Oz!).

I love my...XLJ Flakjackets!