PDA

View Full Version : The point of your off season workout

albino smurf
01-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Maintenance or improvement? I like to use it to build up my conditioning and strengthen. Seems like the best time and during the warmer times all I want to do is play tennis with some light conditioning at best.

mike53
01-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Prehab and cardiovascular fitness enhancement

r2473
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
The point of your off season workout

Personally, I'm just a "park hack". I don't have a "season". I just play a few times a week pretty much year round.

I also go to the gym a few times a week year round. I lift some weights and do some running. I guess the point is to stay in shape and have some fun.

charliefedererer
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
The first phase mainly concentrates on strength gains.
Then more running is added in, first with more middle/long distance, then mainly HIIT/agility at the end of winter, maintaining or slightly adding to the strength.

phishua
01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
I do some running to keep the weight down, a lot of core work to help with my balance, some light lifting, jump rope, and some aerobics classes with my wife. Her instructor kicks my ***! It's a lot of cardio/toning/cardio/toning/etc. but done at an incredible pace for a solid hour.

Most of all I work out because I know I'm not the best tennis player in the world and if I can get my opponent huffing and puffing while I'm still fresh as a daisy then I have that much more of an advantage.