PDA

View Full Version : gave up... gonna just keep using Lux Alu

arche3
01-21-2010, 11:09 AM
after trying PHT 17 and MSV focus hex 1.18, I am going to go back to Lux ALU and ALU spin. I was trying to find a more reasonably priced string. but nothing plays close to the pop of the ALU. So I am just gonna keep playing with it. And concentrate on my game instead of my strings. Thats a relief for me. I am tired of trying new strings...

Nuke
01-21-2010, 11:25 AM
The "cheap" string that plays most like ALU is Unique Big Hitter. You should also try the new, cheaper Lux Adrenaline if you're a Lux snob (sorry).

arche3
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
The "cheap" string that plays most like ALU is Unique Big Hitter. You should also try the new, cheaper Lux Adrenaline if you're a Lux snob (sorry).

i read the thread about adrenaline. ill def give that a try after u guys give the new string a thorough testing. im trying to save some money and time because im tired of going to the stringer every 10 or 12 hours of play for the racket. i found that ive wasted 3 weeks trying to mess with new strings. and just kept playing the alu anyways.

i also think im obsessive compulsive about tennis strings and how they play so im not a good candidate for change. lol. total head case...

PED
01-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Adrenaline is very very close to ALU given my experience with it. When I had my pack of it back in Nov, I had no idea it would only end up being $10 at retail. Even if Adrenaline costs the same as alu, I would use it. It had all the Lux qualities that we all love ;)