PDA

View Full Version : Power Pads

the_arod
04-26-2005, 02:40 AM
What are power pads, why use them, where can i buy them?

federer_nadal
04-26-2005, 03:04 AM
I asked this and i got blasted about not searching. Just click the search button on trhe top bar and type it in.

the_arod
04-26-2005, 03:17 AM
ok missed it :( :confused:

federer_nadal
04-26-2005, 03:35 AM
just saves yopu getting blasted by all the "post police"

ffrpg
04-26-2005, 04:18 AM
A couple of my racquets are strung up with power pads. The only thing it does is dampen the stringbed. Some claim that it provides more power. I am undecided on that claim but in theory, I can see why it would provide more power. You can make them yourself. Cut out a bunch of little squares from an old leather grip or perhaps an old belt you don't use anymore. Anyway, I think they're useless. If you already use a dampner, it'll just dampen the stringbed even more. Power pads alone w/o a dampner don't dampen quite as well as using just a dampner w/o power pads.

joe sch
04-26-2005, 05:31 AM
I think they just dampen, not add power, atleast the leather versions. They were also important for protecting the strings at the grommet points on older rackets but most newer rackets provide nice holes, grommets and often built in protection like rollers or surfaces

hummer23
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
im not partiularly find of them, but you can use an old baseball glove lace, its perfect