PDA

View Full Version : Davis Topspin Diagram

Virginia
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi all

I have the stringing instructions for the Davis Topspin woodie (diagonal stringing), but it refers to a diagram (obtainable from the USRSA), but now unfortunately mislaid.

Please, does anyone have this diagram and can email it to me? I have a new Topspin, am dying to try it out and will probably use it in a woodies touurnament, if I can only get it strung.

Thanks in advance. :)

Virginia
01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Steve Huff has a diagram and I tried to email him, but without success. :)

jim e
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I have the stringing pattern, but I see that you have that.I do not have a diagram of that racquet, but if I remember correct, the moderator (and founder), Tim on the gss site use to own one of those racquets. You may wish to post there. It is g r a n d s l a m s t r i n g e r s d o t c o m.
Below is the pattern that I have:
This pattern is diagonally strung: 17 left diagonals x 17 right diagonals. You'll need two double string clamps. Place frame in machine with grooves in head forming "W" (not "M"). If machine's stud blocks top center hole, place frame slightly off-center at the head. Thread one 15' length around top right "O" (marked on shoulder) to lower left "X". Thread other 15' length around top left "O" to lower right "X". Be sure to correctly weave the strings where they cross in the center. Note: Attach both start clamps - at 6LT and 6RT outside of frame. Alternating from one side to the other, string up to 11T (6 strings on either side). Continue with left diagonals (LDs) upward until completed at head (at 13LH). Tie-off at 14LH. Now complete bottom LDs (finishing at 13RT) and tie-off at 16RT (3 holes above). Note that shared holes will be 1LH, 0H (center), and 1RH. Also 1LT and 1RT. Finish the RDs in the same manner as. Note tie-off points: LDs at 13LT and 14RT; RDs at 12LT and 16RT. Also note: Count all holes from the throat.

Steve Huff
01-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't have the diagram as far as I know. I have several old Stringer's Manuals, but it would take a while to find them all. My email is: stmt@comcast.net

Virginia
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Email sent, thanks for responding, Steve. :)