PDA

View Full Version : String tension in various racquet head size?

Hotrocks
01-21-2010, 05:13 PM
I find this web site most informative, do to the fact that there are many with greater knowledge than I, but am learning everyday "THANKS" to YOU! I have question in string tension for three different head size racquets? Let say you string a 100in. racquet with the mains(poly) @52lbs. and crosses(gut) @50lbs. What tension would you string a 98" and a 95" to get the same feeling as the 100"? I know the tension is low.....but my age is higher than most of yours. I am sure which racquet and flex, etc. will have an effect on tension. Thank you all for your contribtion to this site........I visit it daily!!! Thanks...

BigT
01-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Assuming the string pattern is the same, I would go down 2lbs. for the 98", and another 2lbs for the 95". For a denser string pattern, even more.

TearSNFX
01-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I find this web site most informative, do to the fact that there are many with greater knowledge than I, but am learning everyday "THANKS" to YOU! I have question in string tension for three different head size racquets? Let say you string a 100in. racquet with the mains(poly) @52lbs. and crosses(gut) @50lbs. What tension would you string a 98" and a 95" to get the same feeling as the 100"? I know the tension is low.....but my age is higher than most of yours. I am sure which racquet and flex, etc. will have an effect on tension. Thank you all for your contribtion to this site........I visit it daily!!! Thanks...

I would stick to the same tension and then find your preference slowly.