PDA

View Full Version : 300 workout - tried it this week, also have a P90 question

Power Player
01-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Anyone do this? It is basically impossible to do the 300 workout off the bat as it is an acid test to be done after weeks of intense traning, but it is still an incredible all body workout. It left my 2 partners nautious and me severely out of breath and tired the rest of the day.

I am sore all over and it feels like I was deadlifting 300 pounds..lol. I think it is a great thing to try when you have a day that you really want to test yourself.

Onto the P90x, which I believe is a more realistic workout that can be beneficial to tennis players. I am not a guy who watches vidoes and needs all that. I have a link for the p90x workout sheets and was wondering if anyone has a link that shows me which ones to do each day. Here is the link to all the exercises, i just need to break them down for a 3-5 day workout:

http://www.kreelanwarrior.com/2009/07/p90x-workout-sheets/

bee
01-22-2010, 09:58 AM
With all these really rigorous exercise routines, it's important to remember that playing singles tennis is pretty rigorous itself. If you play singles tennis say 3 days a week and do a really exhausting workout 3 days a week you might find you're pretty tired most of the time and it's actually hurting your tennis game.

For many of us, a moderate strength and fitness off court program is best with nothing too hard and no heavy weight lifting the day before a singles match.

Power Player
01-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, you may be right about that. I am looking to find a good workout program that I can use dumbbells and pushups/pullups with.

I used to lift heavy weights. I did the 3 day workout based on bench/squats and deads. I am now looking to move away from that type of regimine because it stresses my joints.

r2473
01-22-2010, 12:09 PM
If yer workout routine ain't got the word "bootcamp" in it, it ain't worth a *****.

Don't ever forget that important tip.