PDA

View Full Version : Nadal using the GT or PJ?

NickH87
01-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Watchin the replay against philip koelshrihefhsfddssdfber lol. I cant spell his last name. The announcer was talking about his strings and then mentions that he made a racquet change to the aero pro drove cortex gt. But with all the talks here about PJ's Im wondering, do you think he really changed or is it just marketing on babolats end?

Cup8489
01-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Most likely just a paintjob..The rackets play similarly enough he might as well stick with what he's used to. I also heard Gimelstob mention the strings, that Nadal is using a 1.35 mm guage and roddick hybrids with a 1.30, while Tsonga uses a full bed of 1.25 gauge.

Gimelstob actually knows his equipment pretty well, surprised to see that.

TfReAk
01-22-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm curious about the strings he is using. He used to use the yellow babalot hurricane tour (duralast). I think his racket is still the same old aero pro drive (the black one).

LPShanet
01-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Watchin the replay against philip koelshrihefhsfddssdfber lol. I cant spell his last name. The announcer was talking about his strings and then mentions that he made a racquet change to the aero pro drove cortex gt. But with all the talks here about PJ's Im wondering, do you think he really changed or is it just marketing on babolats end?

Still a PJ of his original APD (non-cortex). Do a search and you can pix showing the painted "cortex".

TennisFan3
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM
It's all a PJ. Racquet is a PJ and the strings are custom dyed duralast.

klementine79
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
It's not even Nadal... it's some guy from Oklahoma pj'd to look like Nadal... the real Nadal is on that isolated resort island in the pacific with TuPac, Biggy and Bob Ross.

TennisFan3
01-23-2010, 03:11 PM
It's not even Nadal... it's some guy from Oklahoma pj'd to look like Nadal... the real Nadal is on that isolated resort island in the pacific with TuPac, Biggy and Bob Ross.

Good one. That makes sense given how poorly he's been playing since late last year. The real Nadal is vacationing in the islands enjoying all the $$ he accumulated after the 5 yrs of hard tennis.

dincuss
01-23-2010, 03:36 PM

I would guess still a pj.
Because commentators say a lot of junk.

BTW
Empire of the sun rocks :D